which lowering spring that dont lower!

paultownsend

Reaction score
which lowering spring that dont lower!

guys

im in need of a new set of springs and looking at the service history/receipts the front left is the only original and the rest are mismatched autofactor tat.

iv always been in the school of thinking that wishbones need to be flat for best handling, bump steer etc. so as they are almost that now, im looking for springs that dont actually lower the car.

the ones i have found are-

H&R Lowering Springs Kit For Volkswagen Golf Mk4 GTI 1998 1.8 Turbo 29527-1 | eBay

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs Kit For Volkswagen Golf Mk4 GTI 2002 1.8 Turbo | eBay

now, does anyone have experiance of any of the above springs?

Im looking for comfort with a sporty edge. will be replacing dampers with bilstein b4 OE items.

also, they both quote lowering of 30mm. is that from the standard golf height (ie none GTI)?

And as already said, its a golf! 1.8t. i just find this the best forum for the 1.8t.

kind regards

Paul

Can highly recommend the Eibach Pro Kit. Comfort is not as good as stock, but not far off.

Most comfortable aftermarket springs I have tried. I run them on my daily golf diesel too and never get complaints from the family!

thank you chaps. JoJo. I have heard problems with the eibachs being too low at the back. is this because people take the OE spring plate out?

thank you chaps. JoJo. I have heard problems with the eibachs being too low at the back. is this because people take the OE spring plate out?

I'm not really sure Paul, I found the Eibachs to be really comfortable, on par with OEM, but I wanted my car lower, so refered the setup as the front being so high, and I ran them with the OE spring plate out, as they come with a spring pate anyways. But there's another member who has the OE spring plate and the Eibachs one fitted, to elevate the rear, and the ride height looks spot on, albeit, not as low as I prefer it, but it looked balanced.

I was unsure of this when my Eibach kit arrived, there was no info in the box.

I managed to get a phone number for Eibach and was told told both the OEM bottom mount and the OEM top spring mount should be kept. The rubber mount pad that comes in the box is in addition and goes on the top of the spring above the OEM mount, so it is touching the car body on the fattest bit of the cone that holds the spring in place.

The ride height looks spot on to me.

defo a +1 on the Eibachs there more sporty feeling but not far from comfort of OEM

As said above leave the rear spring plate and you should also get some in the kit- remember to use both and it will sit perfectly :)

I chose this time to replace my top mounts on the front with LCR as there a bit more stiff over OEM also as my top mounts were worn.