SUNROOF woes

quattrokid

Reaction score
the sunroof has decided its not happy obeying the instructions of the rotor switch....

IF you want to tilt it open... it doesnt move :(
IF you want to retract it I need to pull the lever down as if closing it from the tilt open position, there after to open it further back I twist the rotor switch as normal in its increments until fully retracted
IF you want to close it from the fully retracted position I twist the switch which brings it to about 4 inches from being closed, then I need to pull the switch down for it to fully close

local Audi master techy chappy who looks after our cars says its not a straight 5 min fix and the headingling might have to be dropped !!!

anyone else had / got a disobedient sunroof and whats the problemo ? I assumed the internal workings has jumped a tooth but apparently not

suggestions please peeps

Rich

I've had this happen a couple of times now....

Pretty sure it's due to the control module thinking the sunroof is in a different position to where the sunroof actually is; mine was even trying to open itself more than it should and this was all around winter time! Once it realised it couldn't open anymore- it would then default back to being half open!

I ended up curing my sunroof by literally playing with the controls in the car and on the key fob none stop for an hour or so....I think there is a way to re-set the alignment fully, but I managed to get mine sorted myself with a lot of patience.

I think it may occur due to turning the car of/on and having the sunroof set in a position other than fully open/tilted/closed....then if you change the position of the dial inside whilst the car sunroof cannot be operated it may not pick this up at the time. Usually the sunroof sorts itself out when the ignition is turned on- but sometimes it's a bit slow on the uptake and presumes the mid position of the sunroof is either open/closed/tilted. Hence why playing with the dial and key fob has always sorted my issue out for me.

Good luck :icon_thumright:

Chris

hello again !!

ok,i'll have a fiddle as you suggest..... by the way, it was the longitude acceleration sensor that was causing the abs & traction control light to come on the dash intermittantly but not leaving any fault codes, changed abs pump/ esp module which immediately pointed its finger to this sensor, changed the sensor and so far its been ok.... :)

hello again !!

ok,i'll have a fiddle as you suggest..... by the way, it was the longitude acceleration sensor that was causing the abs & traction control light to come on the dash intermittantly but not leaving any fault codes, changed abs pump/ esp module which immediately pointed its finger to this sensor, changed the sensor and so far its been ok.... :)

Haha- hello again :)

I thought I recognised the username. Glad you got the ABS sorted- that warning light does get pretty tiresome after a while!

Seems as though the electrics in your car like being intermittent and causing you issues though:-\ There getting pretty old now - and seem to have a mind of there own, but your not alone! lol

Hopefully having a little play will sort it all out- just don't try and start forcing it with your hands or tools and give it some time/patience.