Air con problem

doublem_1

Reaction score
I have a 52 reg A3. It has the digital climate control. However, what with this warm weather there is a bit of an issue! The air con on the coldest setting is blowing out luke warm air. The gas is filled up, fuses fine. Last summer it worked a treat. Anyone had a similar issue?

check compressor clutch?, friend of mine has similar issue with A4, have you run vcds to check for any faults?

Not checked any codes yet. How do I check the compressor clutch? The engine not does change slightly when changing from air con to econ.

The engine should load up, i.e your should hear a deffinite click as the compressor kicks in and this is sometimes accompained with a change in revs the A/C fan may also cut in as well, depends on the system demand, I hate to say it but I believe halfords do a free check on the A/C system and if they cannot fix it there is no charge, but check this out before letting them look at it, hope this helps out?
Cheers
Carl

Exactly the same problem my friend. I work with a lot of brand new cars which really highlights the difference in performance of air conditioning between my 14 year old A3 and those. I get warm air at best from mine - absolutely killer in this weather :(