Door won't open from inside

Nimosonen

Reaction score
Hey guys. I made a thread about this earlier, but i'll just make a new one with better info.

When I change my speakers and put the doorpanel on again, the door wouldn't open from inside. When I had the doorpanel of, I couldn't find out how to get the wire from the handle of, so I put the panel on a table so the wire wouldn't get stressed while I was changing the speakers. But now the door won't open. It's on the driver side, the passenger side works fine. Do I have to deliver it to a workshop, or is it an easy fix?

Take the door card off again and see if the cable has become detatched from the rear of the handle.

Or the outer "sheath" of the cable should be located in a lug on the handle housing/door card and then the cable secured to the handle. If the Sheath has become dislocated then the door won't open.

Finally, you don't need to create a new thread; you can just add the new info in a post on the existing thread or edit the original post in the existing thread.

Last edited:
I have the panel of, and the wire is connected to the handle. Where is this sheath? I'm not sure what you mean.. is the cable broken? Don't understand what you mean by dislocated,.

When I pull the handle, I can feel the cable getting pulled at the lock. Maybe the cable has come of its place at the lock?

I had something similar happen when i changed my speakers the best advice i can give which i got at the time was to take it off and put it on again.

I think there is a clip/lug on the door for the cable to slot into, maybe i'd forgotten this first time round and when i put it together again and it worked, i was sure it couldn't of been something so simple but was just happy it worked at that point.

This s what happrend to me. The cable had slipped out of the lug. It took me some time to fix it, cause my method was bad, -but now it all works! :) thanks for great advice.