S3 Clutch

Dansmith

Reaction score
Hey Guys, It's been a while!

My S3 has finally got to the point that I have to replace the clutch. The car has a stage 2 revo remap and all the bits needed for this. the garage I am having it done at is worried that a standard clutch may go again rather quickly as its not beefy enough.

I can't quite remember if I read on here thinking that the standard clutch was good upto 300bhp and thought I would ask for clarity!

If upgrade recommended which clutch and where to buy?

Thanks all and hope your well!

Dan

Sorry to hijack the thread but do the bevel box seals need replacing when doing the clutch/flywheel?

Sorry to hijack the thread but do the bevel box seals need replacing when doing the clutch/flywheel?

Its advisable when removing the bevel box as part of dropping the box... while its possible to get the box out with it attached it is far less hassle to remove it first as it gets caught on the block... 02M boxes are heavy :)

Don't forget you will need a special long allen key to undo the flange retaining bolt... just undoing the four large bolts won't separate the bevel box...

Launching uses too much petrol So standard clutch it is! You still in the Beast Tuffty?

Thanks

Of course :)

<tuffty/>

Normally yeah... they 'say' its good for two clutches (typically original plus one change) before needing swapping but most I have seen are pretty fecked...

<tuffty/>