Oil pump drive sprocket replacement??? Help!!

Bez480123

Reaction score
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can shed some light on where I can get a replacement for the oil pump drive sprocket?? My s3 developed a rattle the other week(very tappet like) but as I've already done these a few months ago I suspected maybe a dud oil pump or blocked pick up pipe causing low oil pressure and maybe a rattle tappet or camchain tensioner because of this!
After whipping the sump off to check these I discovered the remnants of the oil pump drive chain tensioner in the sump and the chain rattling its tits off and luckily still driving the pump(by the skin of its teeth...literally!!) great...I thought new tensioner n a quick solve! Wrong!!
Decided to just bite the bullet seen as tho i'm in there and replace the pump,pick up pipe,tensioner,crankshaft oil seal,chain and both sprockets as it seems to have chewed the teeth a bit. But it appears that audi want me to buy a full crankshaft because they don't sell the top drive sprocket separately!!? Please help...there must be a remedy to this surely as a new crank is £500!!! My elsawin workshop manual says this part is removable and is heat shrunk onto the shaft...???any ideas people...any links to where I can purchase this part...buying a complete crank seems very far fetched for the sake of a sprocket!!! Thanks in advance👍

Here is the oem part number: 06A 105 209
on their system its called 'timing gear' and doesnt have a picture, but thats the gear.

Alternatively there is the one from IE, which is many ££ after import.

Reactions: Bez480123
I have just done this on my TFSI crank... 3 legged pullers to remove the old one and a little heat to get the new one on (mine dropped on)...

You will need to remove the damper pulley, crank pulley and front crankshaft seal cover...

20130630_112911.jpg

06A 105 209 - Crank oil pump Gear
06A 115 125 - oil pump chain
06A 115 130 - oil pump tensioner

You will also need a new crank pulley bolt but can't remember the PN for that

Crank pulley bolt is tight as **** and will need you to use a tool to hold the crank in place... never done one with the engine in the car before though

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Bez480123
Thanks guys..been fretting all day thinking I'd have to replace the crank!! :banghead: Will get onto the steelers tomorrow and let ya know how I get on doing the job with engine in the car( thank **** I have a ramp to use) thanks again chaps...much appreciated👍

:beerchug:Cheers lads,got that ordered today!£16.30 inc the dreaded...bit different to £500 for crank?! Haha just waiting on the chain which is currently in transit so beginning of next week. Then can get the ord lass built back up:racer: thanks again chaps

Reactions: superkarl and s3dave