A3 1.8T Smoking/Loss of power

ashwilson

Reaction score
Hello.. Need your help guys.. :-(

Last week my car suddensly sorted smoking when i was driving.. I checked oil level and all was ok .. I topped my car up with more fuel and drove for around 10miles and it stopped smoking :s.. Been okay for a week until today same problem occuried but this time with my oil light flashing. The car after around 5minutes started to loose power(sounded like it was misfiring) and is still smoking.

Ive got the car at home now and not moving it until i get it to a garage or it might be up for sale for 500 as spares as just been lsid off from work!!!

Any ideas?

obvs i know it could be headgasket but no sign off 'mayo' etc

thanks

Could be worth checking the PCV breather tubes. Also, could it be possible a coil pack is on the fritz?

what colour smoke? what colour oil lamp?

White smoke.. Sometimes can go black :s...

the red oil one starts flashing saying 'check oil level'

Its recently had a new oil sump in the past2months.

Could be worth checking the PCV breather tubes. Also, could it be possible a coil pack is on the fritz?

Coilpack is fine.. The breather tubes some fine too.

mini update tho.. Somehow put way too much oil into it which probs explain the smoke.. Ive emptied it all out and put in correct amount but still missing the power and sounding like a tractor

Checking sparkplugs tomorrow.. see what that brings..

If it was injectors then wouldn't it bring up a code on my dash?.. any way i can check injectors?

cheers