Full lock clicking, but not the cv. HELP!!

Grant-s3

Nogaro Blue
Reaction score
Hi guys, just bought myself a 2002 audi s3 (get some pics up soon). The other day my front left speed sensor went as my abs and traction lights came on, did an OBD scan and that flagged up, soon as it happend there is a clicking noise 3/4 to full lock Turning both ways, my dads a mechanic,did a road test and its not the cv as it does the same speed click no matter what speed you drive, it can stop and return in the same turn. What could be caused by this? Thanks.

Image The 8L is my Audi, the 8p is my big brothers.

It's more of an electrical clicking noise, coming from the passenger footwell/wheel. We had the wheel off and checked all the mechanical parts for movement,all okay. I think it may be a relay or somthing related to the wheel speed sensor. Happens on 3/4 to full lock.

Could it be the charcoal canister that's located just below the coolant tank? That clicks fairly loud now and then. It could be a coincidence that it starts to click when you're at full lock

I don't think so ? It more of a plastic tapping, while in full lock it goes away then comes back, it's a soft noise, fit the new wheel speed sensor so if that fixes anything, I hope.

I was thinking of a damaged speed ring, which is easily done when fitting aftermarket wheels using to long bolts. That will coincide with your speed sensor issue. Maybe it's just the old speed sensor catching on it?

That's what I think it might be, a the speed ring was okay, and straight when turning, but the speed sensor plastic casing was hanging off before we touched it, I hope it was just the case that was catching.

It's sorted now, put the new speed sensor in, both the fault code disappeared and the clicking stopped, must of been a relay or somthing to do with the ABS