Flute Noise

AVLO

Reaction score
Hi folks earlier today I had the windows down whilst driving round my village and I have noticed a strange noise once boost is built up then let off. It just sounds like someone blowing through a flute. It seems too hold boost fine but this noise is now starting to worry me as I've never heard it before :think:

has anybody else had a similar noise?

thanks
matt

I've got a 007p with yellow spring. I'm using a std air box with panel filter but it sounds like a flute sound dump valve????

only time this happened to me is when the intake pipe popped off my K&N cone filter, checked all the obvious things (hoses still connected etc)?

Does it sound like this? As I'm a little unsure of the noise you're referring too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sam_
In all seriousness... I have this noise coming from my s3 too, it's only when I have the throttle in a certain position and keep it there, usually around 2-3k rpm. I have a standard 710N dp which is about 2 months old, been doing it for a while! Just thought it was an odd vibration of something.

Maybe, but I was at r tech yesterday with it on the rollers and he didn't say anything about it. Could be that it's only at a certain pressure but it would stay open then and I wouldn't get any boost.....

Haha rice it didn't sound exactly like the video you posted haha, but too confirm it is defiantly the dv that is causing the noise as today I've used another 007p that I had at one side. This also has a yellow spring but has only done about a 1000 mile and by trying this I no longer have the strange noise

happy days, oh and rice I would have a look into the dv I'm not 100% sure what to look for to see if its ok personally, but I'm sure someone else may be able to help you out.

Does it sound like this? As I'm a little unsure of the noise you're referring too.

LMFAO!
You beat me to it!
My question was going to be "does it sound like jazz flute?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a trip out and was keeping an eye on my boost gauge, the noise was happening between -5 to -2. I've got an old dv somewhere that ill try out later.