NO AWD after complete engine rebuild

gtronroids

Reaction score
Good evening everyone. I was hoping that someone may be able to shed some light on my 2000 APY S3 not having any AWD after a complete motor out rebuild.

First thing I noticed is I was getting colossal wheel spin from the front wheels in every gear but the traction light was not lighting up like it used to (you know when it flickers and cuts power). If I push the ESP button the light will come on but still bags of wheel spin. What I am wondering is when the guys put the engine back in, is there a plug that they may have not connected, it just feels like something stupid has not been connected? Is there something in the gearbox that tells the car that it has another diff up the back and that it is suppose to activate?

Things that I have checked:-
1. VAGCOM check said brake light switch, REPLACED it and no difference.
2. Cruise control still works
3. ABS working as it should
4. Earth strap connected and in good condition
5. Fuse for HALDEX working
6. I have ordered a replacement HALDEX filter and oil but it has not arrived yet
7. I have not pulled out the HALDEX pump to test it yet as I am waiting for the oil to arrive
8. Checked the pins to the HALDEX controller, no signs of breakages or corrosion.

Is there anything else I should check or has anyone got any ideas as to what it could be. It is like the car doesn't know that it is a quattro.

Cheers,
Marty

Its probably too simple but did you use a genuine brake light switch? I had the same problem once and stuck a gsf in, fault code cleared for a while but the fault persisted, stuck a proper one in and problem solved! Good luck though mate, any haldex problems are a PITA

I was unaware of the fuse on the battery, I will check it. What has me stumped is the fact that the traction light does not come on at all when it is loosing traction. Where before the engine rebuild, if I drove over a wet grate it would flicker etc