Good evening everyone. I was hoping that someone may be able to shed some light on my 2000 APY S3 not having any AWD after a complete motor out rebuild.
First thing I noticed is I was getting colossal wheel spin from the front wheels in every gear but the traction light was not lighting up like it used to (you know when it flickers and cuts power). If I push the ESP button the light will come on but still bags of wheel spin. What I am wondering is when the guys put the engine back in, is there a plug that they may have not connected, it just feels like something stupid has not been connected? Is there something in the gearbox that tells the car that it has another diff up the back and that it is suppose to activate?
Things that I have checked:-
1. VAGCOM check said brake light switch, REPLACED it and no difference.
2. Cruise control still works
3. ABS working as it should
4. Earth strap connected and in good condition
5. Fuse for HALDEX working
6. I have ordered a replacement HALDEX filter and oil but it has not arrived yet
7. I have not pulled out the HALDEX pump to test it yet as I am waiting for the oil to arrive
8. Checked the pins to the HALDEX controller, no signs of breakages or corrosion.
Is there anything else I should check or has anyone got any ideas as to what it could be. It is like the car doesn't know that it is a quattro.