Which wheels

Audi S3 mirrors

• Total voters

clcollins

Reaction score
OK people, my wheels (OEM 18” RS TT’S) are in a right old mess and all of the tyres need replacing, so a good time to get them refurbished. This is proving to be more difficult than I would have imagined, the main reason being that I can’t find a set of wheels, at a fair price, to run on whilst mine are being worked upon.

And then there’s this consider:
Cheap set of 2nd hand wheels = £150
Refurbishment = £240
Tyres = £440
Tyre fitting, balancing etc (say) = £25
That’s a shocking = £855 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That makes buying a new set of wheels feasible, so what would you choose between these options:

Option 1 – refurbish existing @ £855

Option 2 – buy Nuvolari style wheels @ £790

Option 3 – buy OEM V6 TT wheels @ £900

What about getting some replicas with tyres for about £650 and selling off your originals for £200, offsetting the cost?

Just a thought..

Yes, the best solution when the tyre are near the wear markers is ti sell your old alloys on ebay, and buy a new set with new tyres. My Passat is on it's 4th set of alloys, and I have done what I suggested above everytime, which also allows me to change the style of alloys each time! and save me money in the long run.

[ QUOTE ]
What about getting some replicas with tyres for about £650 and selling off your originals for £200, offsetting the cost?

Just a thought..

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea...

you can sell them to me if you want! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The Nuvolari's are very nice but a bit In-yer-face for my liking. I ordered some for my A4 but sent them back and put RS6's. They would probably suit a more agressive looking car.

Like the guys say, sell the old one's on e-bay and buy what you want, new wheels and tyre packages are cheap enough now

Seems sense to buy a new set of wheels, have you thought about some of the new RS4 replicas as another alternative?

£855 to do your wheels. I paid £945 for 19" 007s with Dunlops and sold my 18s with shot tyres for £300.

Chris.

I'd ebay the old ones and buy new.

Only 'cos I'd be bidding on them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yep, the new whhels and tyres option looks to be the most sensible, think I'm going to get the OEM V6TT ones, RSTT's/RS4's are everywhere.

Cheers everyone for your input,