I'm guessing my turbo is dying?

Curt

Reaction score
2013 07 01 22 26 35 - YouTube

Went out last night and it sounds like that...

It was doing it previously but only a "chirp" in 1st when it was cold, then it'd be normal. I'm guessing it's on its' way out?

So I'm now trying to prepare for it letting go, whenever that'll be.

Problem is, I was planning to go KO3S... So putting another KO3 on is a set back. As I won't be able to go KO3S without a FMIC and a remap will I? As there won't be enough fuel and I can't afford it all at once. But I need a working car.

/sadface

Whaaaat. No.

You can fit a K03s, of cause you can? Who told you that you can't?

From researching, I read that you can fit one, yes. But without a remap (so running a stage 1), it will be very bad for the engine... Unless I've got that wrong?

Yeah. Totally wrong.

You can fit a K03s with no worries.

What modifications do you currently have?

Okay, cool. It was an old-ish thread I was reading. Well that'd be ideal.

Revo stage 1, Forge ****ter (I know this needs changing), S2k filter, 3" decat downpipe, straight through centre section, aftermarket back box.

So it would be fine and run as per normal on its' current map?

Totally, no problems at all.

You will want to get it mapped eventually, the way your AGU works is it sees the air at the MAF and at the MAF only. If it is sucking in more then it will fuel for it.

Boost is controlled through the N75, and stage 1 a K03 and a K03s run at similar boost figures. The differences aren't large enough to totally change the map.

Revo will upgrade you to stage 2 software for £50 anyway so you shouldn't have to wait long before making the most out of it.

You must have an EML on anyway after the decat with only a stage 1?

Well that's a relief!

Yeah it'll definitely be in the pipeline, I was planning to go to R-Tech.

Okay, I see.

That's funny, I thought that was the case... But when I phoned JKM Performance a couple of years ago, they said Revo didn't do "stage 2" software for the AGU and their advice was basically a manual boost controller... I'll have to phone them again.

Nope, no warning lights?

This is the thread I read by the way:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/89032-k03s-agu-revo-stage-1-a.html

Thanks for all the help.

Totally, no problems at all.

You will want to get it mapped eventually, the way your AGU works is it sees the air at the MAF and at the MAF only. If it is sucking in more then it will fuel for it.

Boost is controlled through the N75, and stage 1 a K03 and a K03s run at similar boost figures. The differences aren't large enough to totally change the map.

Revo will upgrade you to stage 2 software for £50 anyway so you shouldn't have to wait long before making the most out of it.

You must have an EML on anyway after the decat with only a stage 1?

AGU don't have MIL lights.

I'd run actuator only as it will boost spike causing periods of lean running because the management isn't very clever at coping. It will boost similar levels but move more air, the ECU will do a little to compensate, but i wouldn't call it "safe" unless you run N75 off electrically . If it was the same map more or less Jardo, why do people bother mapping it, it's not just the boost

I always forget ME3.5 cars have no EML, despite having driven them for years.

I know plenty of people who have run k03s's on K03 mapped cars for a couple of months with no issues.

Depends how bothered you are, ME3.5 is thick enough not to care too much.

The differences aren't huge at stage one. Personally, I wouldn't bother. But I'm a special breed.

Well if it will run it fine, then I'll go straight for a KO3S. I just don't want to end up doing more damage... Money is tight at the moment, so I'm going to have to do it in stages when I can.

Did anyone listen to the video by the way?

Haven't listened to the video yet.

My recommendation would be to fit the K03s and unplug the N75 as Mark says. It will make it feel like a standard car. Then once you have the £50 get the map updated.

But the car will be totally usable.

Okay, fair enough. I'll have to call JKM again and see if things have changed, as I say when I last spoke to them there was no stage 2 map for the AGU. If that was the case it'd be no problem and I'd get it mapped straight away :)

Oh yeah, it does sound awful and it is the turbo, just trying work out how long I've got :laugh: