Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AVLO
  • 1 Post By Scullies
  • 1 Post By JudderMan

Thread: OOPS that F*&^%$D it! Which engines fit to replace my 1.9pd 130

6th Gear

Status

OOPS that F*&^%$D it! Which engines fit to replace my 1.9pd 130

So today pootling along at 70 my cambelt popped off, took a trip of its own with the tensioner and killed my engine!

I do need the car up and running asap, but cant pay too much out right now.

Which other engines would fit on the 6speed box?

In going to scout the bay for a few days, maybe see if any members have anything to fit, but darkside have plentifull supply that i know will be a good like for like swap.

Id like to use this as an opertunity to fit an arl or maybe a bigger lump if its cheap enough, do the 2.5s fit?

I will most likely take the head off before buying an engine, just incase there is minimal damage.

Im too mad to rant about it, ill be going back to where i bought the car, as 14 months/30k miles ago the belt kit and pump should have been replaced, pics will follow, but im sure they wasnt replaced.

if anybody local is bored and has the time and mind set to help out id also be gratefull!
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    going to a 2.5 is gona be a pita

6th Gear

Status
    Woulf an avf engine from a passat fit? Going to have a go at getting head off in next few days, and rob is coming over to look at rebuilding it, but if its bad im looking for alternatives to the asz as they seem to go for stupid money.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

1st Gear

Status
    TDI pfffffftttt! I reckon that trip up the hills has killed her! ;-) you wanna buy a a3 1.8t aum? ;-)
    ShaunS3 likes this.
    BRING ON THE WET WEATHER ​QUATTRO FTW

2nd Gear

Status
    I have a 35k pd160 engine to sell. I'd need to double check the engine code but I think it's BUK.

6th Gear

Status
    Pm'd though knowing my run of luck it wont fit!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AVLO View Post
    TDI pfffffftttt! I reckon that trip up the hills has killed her! ;-) you wanna buy a a3 1.8t aum? ;-)
    I recon it come off between Ilkley and stump cross and replaced with a pair of tights, that's why it took so long to get there lol and break the 1.8t or donate all the bits to me lol

Seriousley tho that's a bugger, gutted for ya @udi A3 hope you get it sorted.
    Ill try stuff out! If you never try and never fail, you will never know and never learn.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I was always told if the belt went on a pd engine throw it away sadly.

Aren't the injectors linked up so when the Cambelt goes it takes them with it?

wouldnt a engine out of a golf/bora/Leon or maybe Octavia be ok to fit instead?

6th Gear

Status
    The tensioner stud snapped as i suspected, the belt hasn't actually broke itself. When the belt comes off though the cam stops turning, so i highly doubt any more than just valve damage, but maybe an engine builder will correct me there?!

The 'throw it away' when the belt breaks solution is usually an easy option as you can put a running engine in the car without worrying about taking the head off etc, so if the engines good it can work out cheaper.

Of course then i would be able to recondition and sell the engine on at my leisure to recoup some costs. Do any of the big turbo guys use the pd cranks on there petrol engines?!

EDIT.
    original garage i bought it from who did the belt and pump on 12/5/12 are looking into a possible warranty claim, and invoices, i hope they come back and say they use a certain brand of belt etc. and its not whats on the car! but tbh if they give me anything towards the repair it will be more than i expect!

5th Gear

Status
    If the bottom end is ok, build a 2.1 stroker engine

6th Gear

Status
    As a stud snapped and not a bearing failed, no warranty. Nvm.

4th Gear

Status
    I've heard that tensioner studs only snap from prolonged driving in the middle lane....

Kidding, that sucks mate. Looks like you're taking this as an opportunity to make your car better/faster, which is the best way to look at times when **** hits the fan.
    @udi A3 likes this.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    I've heard that tensioner studs only snap from prolonged driving in the middle lane....

Kidding, that sucks mate. Looks like you're taking this as an opportunity to make your car better/faster, which is the best way to look at times when **** hits the fan.
    LOL personally i thought it was prolonged 40mph runs behind a focus and 5 other audis... sucking up the smoke they were blowing out...

but yes, this bxp engine sounds a decent start for the next episode. My bigger turbo pot is going to be emptied out though

6th Gear

Status
    Picking an engine up from vroomtshh tomorow :D

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    nice 1
    killy is miles away

6th Gear

Status
    needs must. although that engines sat in the garage a few years, probably a better gamble than a 250quid 150k miler in brum i was offered. just need to be back on the road, hiring a van for the day, should be a nice drive.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    pity you didnt sort this sunday as i was in killy yesterday

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    doing anything exciting?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    typical lol. any plans to return? need anything couriering? !

3rd Gear

Status
    Any transverse PD 130, 150 or 160 will be a direct swap.

They are all identical. Same cam, injectors, compression, rods etc. Only difference are the turbos.

The PD 100 and 115 engines have a weaker bottom end, but will work if the injectors are swapped with your originals.

The heads on all PD 8v transverse engines are identical.