alignment amd essex

jezzy

Reaction score
Hi all

Just been to amd essex for 4 wheel alignment.
heres the results.

im not happy with the front camber.
The tech told me my front hub or strut is bent. hmmmm
I didnt think the camber could be adjusted that much? (front left)
I asked for 0 toe front and rear. The front i can live with, the rear is adjustable tie arms time (more money)
The front has just been totally poly bushed and the rear trailing arms and anti roll bar poly bushed.
Am i being had?
Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

front camber and toe is completely adjustable to whatever you want really, unless things are bent.
rear camber adjust needs rear tie arms.
rear toe is adjustable as standard but not by much, combined with adjustable camber arms and you can get a bit more however.

Whats he written at the bottom?

If somethings bent, it could be the damper, wishbone, hub carrier or the subframe itself.

The bottom says non adjustable rear camber arms, suspect front hub and/or damper bent, currently at limit of camber adjustment and subframe moved.
Thanks for the replies so quick

Yeh so they've even tried moving the subframe to get the front camber fixed so something must be bent.

rhubarb on hear had a bent subframe, theyre flimsy in the grand scheme of things, when compared to the wishbones which are cast.
your caster is fairly even though, so that would suggest the subframe would be bent directly inward.

Thanks much appreciated.
This car is killing me, good job i love this *****:)

haha. best thing to do would be get it on a ramp and really thoroughly inspect it. If you cant immediately see anything, take pictures of things regardless.

They couldn't adjust the camber by sliding the ball joints on the front? just over 2 degrees is quite a lot tbh even with the ball joints pulled right out on mine I think I managed just under 1.4 degrees... mine are settled on -1.3 degrees IIRC as this was the best that could be done with the combo of subframe and ball joint manoeuvring on my 30mm drop...

You will get more neg camber the lower you go, how low is your car?...

Does look like something could be out though... you do have a small amount of movement in the subframe but its not loads... certainly don't think its a degree or so assuming your subframe is all the way over to the left

<tuffty/>

Subframe check on wednesday my day off.
Will check to see if theres movement on the subframe or ball joints.
just seems all the camber is on one side
Thanks for the reply
Car is low