EM TuningVolks Autos

Thread: New Clutch disc

1st Gear

Status

New Clutch disc

Well it seems my clutch is on its way out again! for reference im running an S3 with 305bhp and roughly 300lbsft of torque, ive been looking at sachs performance puck clutches but there doesn't seem to much info on google about other alternatives that don't have to imported from the states, im only looking for the disc not a full clutch kit anyone got any ideas?
    cheers
    liam
    Noggy blue Bam engined S3. Complete with cr turbos stg4 turbo, xspower mani, dp and sports cat, rifle drilled IE rods, 550 injectors, forge 007, badger5 v2 tip, jetex with heatshield, wellycooler, catch can, weitec lowered shocks +springs, 15mm front 20mm back spacers, rtech custom map
    304bhp 290lbsft wmi soon to be fitted along with 986 brembo fronts!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    would only fit a kit mate as it is probably the pressure plate not man enough for the job
    i would recommend a helix kit but they are not cheap

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I use a Sachs paddle and LuK DMF... DMF you can get from GSF/ECP, Sachs paddle plate from Bill and use a std LuK S3 clutch kit for the cover plate..

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add S3_DAVE on Facebook Visit S3_DAVE's Instagram Channel
    how much roughly did you pay for this setup tuffty?

loving your thread and car btw... what a beast!

3rd Gear

Status
    I purchased this last week. Sachs clutch disc cost £250 from badger and the standard luk kit cost 160euro. I did not replace the flywheel as it was not needed.
    B5 v1 Tip, B5 Exhaust Manifold, Beach Buggy Hybrid, Pipewerx D.P and cat bypass, Miltek resonated cat back, AH Fabs v2 Intercooler, S2000 Filter, 83mm 9.5:1 CP Pistons, Brute Rods, Bosch 550cc Injectors, Oil Catch can, N249 delete, B5 Phenolic Gasket, Devils Own Water Meth Kit, Forge baffled sump.
    H&R Springs, Koni FSD Shocks, s3dave's rear tie bars, R32 ARB's, LCR Brembo's, 18" ttrs alloys, replaced all suspension bushes, 15/20mm spacers front/rear, Vibratechnics Engine Mounts.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    I use a Sachs paddle and LuK DMF... DMF you can get from GSF/ECP, Sachs paddle plate from Bill and use a std LuK S3 clutch kit for the cover plate..

<tuffty/>
    Tuffty would a Sachs pressure
    plate work, as that's what I've got on the car just
    now. I'll be buying the same flywheel as Andrew at some point for when I finish my stroker build but need something in the short term to make driving the car decent? Need to get in touch with Bill soon with regards to the clutch disc.
    Noggy blue Bam engined S3. Complete with cr turbos stg4 turbo, xspower mani, dp and sports cat, rifle drilled IE rods, 550 injectors, forge 007, badger5 v2 tip, jetex with heatshield, wellycooler, catch can, weitec lowered shocks +springs, 15mm front 20mm back spacers, rtech custom map
    304bhp 290lbsft wmi soon to be fitted along with 986 brembo fronts!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich1987 View Post
    Tuffty would a Sachs pressure
    plate work, as that's what I've got on the car just
    now. I'll be buying the same flywheel as Andrew at some point for when I finish my stroker build but need something in the short term to make driving the car decent? Need to get in touch with Bill soon with regards to the clutch disc.
    Arguably yeah... I used this setup as it feels more OEM... its a light pedal but still mega grippy and handles all I have thrown at it... the plate is designed for an OE setup so as long as your cover is too then all should be fine

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...