Facelift head lamp guys on pre facelift cars.

Markb

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question.

Are any of you guys with the 1.8T having problems with the headlamp adjuster rubbing on the intercooler pipe on the drivers headlamp?

As mine seems to be trying to rub a hole through the pipe! I've wrapped foam around it etc... but it still rubs through that.

I am using the older adjusters that are bigger as I couldn't wire up the newer smaller ones, but I am sure most people are running the older ones?

So guys is it just me? Or others?

I think there is a lack of people on here that have actually done it Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

That's what I was thinking, oh it's good to be different sometimes LOL

So has anyone got any suggestions to what I could wrap around the pipe to stop it trying to rub through?

As the foam keeps on either falling off or wearing out.

[ QUOTE ]
Time to invest in smaller adjusters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Got some in my garage, but I couldn't get the existing wires to work with them. Hence why I am using the larger old style ones.

I thought khufu had put new lights in? Or was it old shape xenons? I'm sure he did something with his lights..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got some in my garage, but I couldn't get the existing wires to work with them. Hence why I am using the larger old style ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do they differ?

Is it just a case of removing the existing plugs and fitting the later style jobbies?

You can get the bare plugs and clip in wires from the stealer for next to nothing.

I've been round my car recently and renewed some stuff this way and its really easy to do.

Chuck up some photos if you get time.

I fitted the old style xenons in mine, not the facelift ones. Also i have plenty of space in my engine bay as I dont have a turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do they differ?

Is it just a case of removing the existing plugs and fitting the later style jobbies?

You can get the bare plugs and clip in wires from the stealer for next to nothing.

I've been round my car recently and renewed some stuff this way and its really easy to do.

Chuck up some photos if you get time.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I get chance I will take some pics, but from what I can remember the plug is larger. So I cut the attachment on the newer adjuster to allow it to fit, but then it did nothing when I tried adjusting it.

Maybe wrong voltage or something, but I left it at that and just used the old style larger ones.

My drivers side lamp is broken, where did you get the facelift lamps from?

hi mark
yep i noticed how close the pipe was when i fitted the new lights, i simply moved the rubber bracket ring thing up the pipe a bit so that touched the motor rather than rubbing the pipe itself. Not sure whether that is still protecting the pipe, i'll check when i go for lunch!

Hi settle if you could have a look that would be great. As I've wrapped some more foam around it today for a short term solution, but I think I'm going to have to wire in the facelift smaller one.

Here are some pics of the problem and the smaller butchered adjuster:

faceliftheadlampboostpipe01.jpg

faceliftheadlampboostpipe02.jpg

faceliftheadlampadjuster01.jpg

faceliftheadlampadjuster02.jpg

As you can see it is resting right on the pipe.

Also you can see the butchered adjuster. Not that it matters as I've got the passenger side one that I could either use or take the connector off.

I will try it again at some stage, but when I tried it before it did nothing. Maybe the wrong power supply?

Aaaah, I was interested in watching this as I am in progress buying some new style headlamps.

Keep this thread updated when you come up with a solution please :)

well done mark!! i wouldn't of bothered checking the pipe again, but luckly i did and the bit of rubber i had wedged in to protect the pipe had almost worn through, i have just unplug the motor til i can have a better look. As you i also have the old motors so will also see if i can get them to work

Yeah I've not got time to mess about getting the newer style ones to work. So I think I will just remove it like you have for now. Although there is quite a worn patch on my boost pipe now!