AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By cecilthesausage
  • 1 Post By s3 Hoggy
  • 3 Post By 16Klappe

Thread: New Brakes

  1. #1
    ollie2013uk's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61

    New Brakes

    Morning all,

    Got my mind set on fitting some new brakes after my re-map.

    I'm still with the standard setup on my S3, I'm not looking to upgrade my calipers just yet, maybe if I add more power!

    So what is peoples opinions on discs and pads?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,906

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  4. #3
    ollie2013uk's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    No opinion from you then? Just useful links!!

  5. #4
    cecilthesausage's Avatar
    ...It's Never Finished...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    933
    Jardo the OP doesn't want to waste valuable time of his own life searching and reading stuff..... He wants to waste valuable time of other people's lives spoon feeding him info.....lol
    16Klappe and slowcoach3 like this.

  6. #5
    ollie2013uk's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by cecilthesausage View Post
    Jardo the OP doesn't want to waste valuable time of his own life searching and reading stuff..... He wants to waste valuable time of other people's lives spoon feeding him info.....lol
    Couldn't be further from the truth. I do love it how when you ask for peoples opinions on a "FORUM" that all people do is jump down your throat for not using the search function!!

    "AnInternet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages"

    If you don't want to share your opinion then please feel free not too!!

  7. #6
    s3 Hoggy's Avatar
    Whats going on???

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,637

    My Social Networking

    Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    Thing is though Ollie this question gets asked a couple of times a week and when you are a regular forum member the questions do become laborious
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield


  8. #7
    ollie2013uk's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by s3 Hoggy View Post
    Thing is though Ollie this question gets asked a couple of times a week and when you are a regular forum member the questions do become laborious
    I completely appreciate that, but its not compulsory for everyone to reply to a thread.

  9. #8
    cecilthesausage's Avatar
    ...It's Never Finished...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie2013uk View Post
    Couldn't be further from the truth. I do love it how when you ask for peoples opinions on a "FORUM" that all people do is jump down your throat for not using the search function!!

    "AnInternet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages"

    If you don't want to share your opinion then please feel free not too!!
    Hahaha..... Quality.... It is also a pillar of information if you actually use the search feature or the stickies.... To find out any information you are not sure about.... This subject has a myriad of information about it..... If you can be actually be bothered to look.... And then if you can't find what you are looking for or don't get the information you need...... Start a thread....lol

  10. #9
    ollie2013uk's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by cecilthesausage View Post
    Hahaha..... Quality.... It is also a pillar of information if you actually use the search feature or the stickies.... To find out any information you are not sure about.... This subject has a myriad of information about it..... If you can be actually be bothered to look.... And then if you can't find what you are looking for or don't get the information you need...... Start a thread....lol
    Another helpful post!

  11. #10
    s3 Hoggy's Avatar
    Whats going on???

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,637

    My Social Networking

    Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    The answer to nearly every thread for standard brakes is ferodo ds2500 and plain or grooved discs but not drilled discs as they can crack
    ollie2013uk likes this.
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield


  12. #11
    ollie2013uk's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by s3 Hoggy View Post
    The answer to nearly every thread for standard brakes is ferodo ds2500 and plain or grooved discs but not drilled discs as they can crack
    Thanks

  13. #12
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,906

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    This thread - Are these brakes any good?

    Is on the same page as your newly started thread, and tells you everything you need to know.

    Your attitude is really poor, all I did was tell to do a search and that it was covered yesterday. If you had of searched "8L brakes" you would have had a wealth of information to review. But as said, I guess it is easier to be spoon fed information than actually stand on your own two feet and use the mountains of knowledge that have been shared across this forum.
    chazza55, cecilthesausage and Sam_ like this.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  14. #13
    ollie2013uk's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61
    Honestly!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    This thread - Are these brakes any good?

    Is on the same page as your newly started thread, and tells you everything you need to know.

    Your attitude is really poor, all I did was tell to do a search and that it was covered yesterday. If you had of searched "8L brakes" you would have had a wealth of information to review. But as said, I guess it is easier to be spoon fed information than actually stand on your own two feet and use the mountains of knowledge that have been shared across this forum.

  15. #14
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,906

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    I've forgotten more than you know kiddo, and with an attitude like that it's highly unlikely that your ratings will get much higher.

    I suggest you find another forum if this is the way you act; ASN will rip you to pieces. Try SeatCupra.net, that place is full of morons too.

    Judging by your three reds already I'm not the only one who thinks so.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  16. #15
    cecilthesausage's Avatar
    ...It's Never Finished...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    I've forgotten more than you know kiddo, and with an attitude like that it's highly unlikely that your ratings will get much higher.

    I suggest you find another forum if this is the way you act; ASN will rip you to pieces. Try SeatCupra.net, that place is full of morons too.

    Judging by your three reds already I'm not the only one who thinks so.
    i have red as well..... I've never noticed that.... How do you get green...?

  17. #16
    16Klappe's Avatar
    Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    4,906

    My Social Networking

    Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Like that.

    Red = **** who has many negative likes.

    Green = lots of likes and general nice guy.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

    Then never do them.

  18. #17
    Sam_'s Avatar
    Down under

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie2013uk View Post
    Honestly!!
    Nob.
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

  19. #18
    cecilthesausage's Avatar
    ...It's Never Finished...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Nob.
    True Dat True Dat.....

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. My new brakes
    By excursion in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 7th July 2004, 19:05
  2. New Brakes
    By ttandka in forum A8/S8 forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 16th June 2004, 23:45
  3. Bedding in new brakes
    By dbm in forum Handling
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th December 2003, 19:23
  4. New Brake Pads
    By unknownvirus in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th August 2003, 10:48
  5. New brakes
    By matty in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16th April 2003, 09:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO