Bam bare block same as AGU?

nailer

Reaction score
hi there quick question to confirm weather the bare block of an AGU is same as a bare block BAM I understand the compression ratio is different and Block casting numbers appear to be the same, Also are the cranks both same?

Reason why is I decided to forge my engine and put an AGU head on, But impossible to find just a head so I bought a hole engine and I thought instead of taking mine out I can still use my s3 while rebuilding AGU bottom end i.e. 83mm pistons, forged rods and bolt on AGU head and then all I got to do is changed cams over and vvt unit from mine?

All answers would be appreciated.

Hmm been told different about all this glad I asked now karl life saver! :) think I need etka at some point lol, And will save me some time and space clogging garage up now lol

Hmm been told different about all this glad I asked now karl life saver! :) think I need etka at some point lol, And will save me some time and space clogging garage up now lol

As Karl said, its the same.
All 1.8t with internal water pump use the same 06A block. ie: 1.8t in A3,S3, some A4,golf gti, bora, and seat range etc etc
The older block engines like th AEB and older VAG modes used th 058 block with external water pump and intermediate shaft to drive the distributor. I think they stopped using th 058 block with the mk3 golf.

Even the 2.0 fsi engine uses the same 06* block, it has some slight casting differences. That's why the fsi cank is a straight drop in option to build a stroker motor.
The tsi motor is a complete new design.