Are these brakes any good?

Mattwurbo

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been looking for brembos for some while but they seem quite hard to find at sensible money. What do you guys think of these for my 2000 amk s3. Are these ok for stage 2 power 280bhp ish.
http://bit.ly/13a0XcP

They'll be alright for a standard car getting standard road use.

Personally I'd spend another £250 and buy a set of Brembos.

Yep, DS2500's will make a difference! But at £130 for the pads; you won't have much difference between quality 312mm discs and DS2500's and a used set of LCR's.

There is a thread in the stickies about brakes you should read.
it will explain all:sly:

Keep your eye out for TVR AP calipers as these can also be used with a set of Badger 5 mounts. See tufty`s build there on the first few pages.

I managed to get a set a couple of months ago and have just fitted them to my car along with some grooved discs and DS2500`s difference is night and day :)

Thanks for your advice fellas. It seems as though lcr brembos are the way forward. My next question is what do people think a good condition used set are worth? Thanks in advance

i paid 250 for gt juniors with steel brake lines and pads.
Dont forget discs they aint cheap compared to 312s

I've also been advised I will need adapters/brackets and longer lines! Is this true? If so where can the adapters be purchased and at what cost?

Carriers i think you mean? they should come with lcr brembos (check first) but you will need discs 323mm.
Spacers? depending on what wheels your running and the et.
I think badger 5 sells brake lines again check.
Not cheap is it?
Good luck

Sure isn't jezzy. After these additional extras I'm contemplating the disks I first mentioned but with ds2500 pads. I read another thread on here stating that basically it's more about the pads. What are your thoughts??

plain discs and ds2500 pads if it was me.
The pads need bedding in properly (which sounds scary when you read about bedding them in)
Prawn wrote how to bed them in (something about them being on fire:wtf:)