Airbag Switch & Boost Feed

Wizza

Reaction score
Two completely different questions but better merging than creating two threads...

1) I'm looking into sorting all my in-car music system and will need to remove the glove-box. Obviously I have had the glove out before but never disconnected the switch for the airbag and this means the glove box kinda gets in the way - is it OK to do this or will it flag up any annoying errors and will this be easily rectified with VAGCOM?

2) Currently my boost feed for my guage is being taken from the FPR using a no-buzz t-piece. Now I don't know this for definite but it may have been the cause of my MAP sensor problem; are they any other suitable locations to take a feed from without too much effort or is it OK here as long as the length of pipe for the FPR is still kept short as possible?

Cheers in advance!

boost feed from the fpr is a no no
Which in turn maybe causing your other issues that you posted in the other thread you started.

if you switch the switch to off, then disconnect it, the ecu knows nothing and the light wont go on. Didnt for me anyway.
in fact, its only a switch, so just unplugging it shouldnt be an issue anyway.

I didn't even know there was a switch to turn the pass airbag off, now I need to go look for mine!
learn something new everyday :)

Personally i think the passenger airbag is there to be modified. the modification is a switched live under the steering columb and designed to shut up whining women in the passenger seat :D

(please do not try this at home!)

^^^Hahahaha... love it!

I didn't even know there was a switch to turn the pass airbag off, now I need to go look for mine!
learn something new everyday :)

It's inside the glovebox mate :)

if you switch the switch to off, then disconnect it, the ecu knows nothing and the light wont go on. Didnt for me anyway.
in fact, its only a switch, so just unplugging it shouldnt be an issue anyway.

That is a very good idea!!!

Cheers dude - and as regards to other issues you could be very true but I do know the car needs a very good service!

Well I definitely don't have a switch in the glovebox to turn off the airbag.
I have a 2001 AMK S3, that was imported from Germany to Dubai. Maybe they had different safety specs depending on which country the cars were made for.

Possibly... Do you have a passenger airbag located just above the glovebox?