Mikey's A3 QTS Build Thread
in the spirit of the forum, I thought that I should finally start my own build thread for my project. My car is an A3 Quattro T Sport. The car has a genuine 88000 on the clock with a full service history - part Audi main dealer, part independent specialist.
I love the quality of the A3 and the whole understated feel of the model so I have used this as the foundation for my project. Up till now, I have spent a considerable amount of time, effort and money on getting the car mechanically perfect. It has had a new cam-belt, water pump, radiator and Bosch battery; brand new Pagid discs and pads all round, all worn suspension bushes/components replaced and new exhaust sections. Today, the car has also had a major service, had the throttle body cleaned and a new thermostat fitted.
Below are my plans for the car which I intend to have completed by the end of the year. I shall of course be updating with progress and photos as the journey continues.
Engine - goal to take car from 180bhp to 210bhp and provide a more even power distribution
- Upgrade all engine hoses with black forge silicon replacements and stainless steel clamps
- Powder coat engine head and inlet manifold in silver
- Replacement Forge carbon fibre engine cover
- Custom Honda S2000 OEM cone filter install
- AMD/Revotechnik remap
- 17" * 7.5" genuine BBS CS-5 alloy wheels in brilliant silver with Falken ZE914 tyres
- Full body makeover by MG Cannon (Salisbury) which will include removing rust and respraying roof, blending in to rear quarters; repairing and respraying front and rear bumpers; machine polishing tailgate and bonnet and repairing and respraying OSR wheel arch.
- Lighting - Replacement OEM Hella clear front indicators; Replacement OEM Skoda clear wing repeaters; replacement OEM Hella red/white 8L facelift rear light lenses.
- FK Automotive debadged front grill and debadged tailgate
- Replacement OEM shortend Skoda roof aerial
- New front and rear Euro number plates with Audi dealer plate surrounds
- New Genuine Audi lower front plastic grill and rear plastic valance
- Genuine Audi tailored carpet mats
- Digital boost gauge in place of OEM head unit and removal of all speakers
- Restoration of trip computer display
- Restoration/repair of worn drivers set
- Full professional interior valet