Mirror Glass removal

concoursneil

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to remove the mirror glass please as i want to see why the heaters in them dont work, i know they are prob burnt out , but still need to know how to replace them .

Any ideas on price of new ones , i want them with the tint

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

They just pop off, needs a firm pull though, I usually adjust them to the most outwards setting, so I can get my fingers between the glass and housing and pull off.

my passenger side glass is fine & seems to be heated, but my driver's side isn't clearing, so i'll be investigating this too....

how much to fix it if it has burnt out?

Pattern glass is about £15 from your local ECP, OE VW/Audi is around £35 IIRC with a blue tint, and goes upto £50 if you have a glass with the wide view bit on the end.

[ QUOTE ]
Pattern glass is about £15 from your local ECP, OE VW/Audi is around £35 IIRC with a blue tint, and goes upto £50 if you have a glass with the wide view bit on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical , blue tint and wide view, oh well time to try "Discount for cash.....!!!" at Audi. Worth a try its Christmas you never know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Do they do the blue tint and wide view?

[/ QUOTE ]

They do genuine VAG parts, so I would presume that any glass they supply would have the blue tint, just ask for the wide view. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

When I had my passenger side mirror glass nicked last year it was £24.73 inc vat from Plymouth Audi, so it shouldn't be too bad even if you have to go to Audi! That was for a Blue tinted heated mirror btw.