Engine internals

Mattwurbo

Reaction score
Hi all,
just looking at my options really. Weighing up the cost implications of going hybrid turbo. I understand that, with supporting mods and a healthy car I should be safe to 290bhp ish. If I decided I wanted to go hybrid/bt I would need to look at doing the internals. Would this just be the rods if I wanted 330/340 ish and what would the supply and fit costs be roughly? I'm based in essex/London if someone can recomend someone for these works if I decide to go down this route. Thanks in advance

If youre close to or over 300lbsft of torque you need to consider rods if you want some longetivity.

A basic rod install would require:
Rods
Rod bolts
Big end bearings
Headgasket
Headbolts
Sump sealant

Parts alone youre looking at £500.
No idea on labour unfortunately.

Ok, thanks for your comments Karl. Anyone else? Anyone got any idea of labour costs? Cheers guys

The rods ate made of chocolate and can go at any stage of tune, inclyding standard. Or they will hold on forever, rod lottery baby. If your going to keep the car for a while then its worth doing regardless as these engines arn't new anymore. IIRC Bill at Badger 5 does supply snd fit of rods, can't remember how much but if your taking the engine apart its never cheap as you want to be paying someone good to do it not your mate kev at halfords autocenter.

On what model/year of car?

Whats the mileage like on yours? you may want to consider replacing the rings too...

Can't remember off hand the exact figure but I believe Bill @ Badger 5 supplies and fits rods for around the £1200 mark...

<tuffty/>

i'd like to know how much badger 5 would charge all in... bill chime in please!-)

Oil pump while its open and a better clutch too.

Thanks again fellas for your valuable info. I was hoping you we're going to comment tuffty. The car is a 2000 Amk with 130k