50/50 haldex mod

No centre diff will be an issue... haldex is designed to 'slip' to counter this (unless in a straight line of course)

All it essentially does is lock the valve in the position where the haldex clutch is fully engaged... not sure but suspect the various control modules may have something to complain about... lol

Not something I would want to use on the road as a daily tbh

<tuffty/>

Depending on the length of the pin at the end of the bolt, this mod actually might work in conjunction with the haldex electronics.

My understanding is that the new bolt is going to relocate the valve a little deeper inside the oil gallery. This would cause the oil gallery to be closed off completely when the stepper motor moves the valve, giving you 50/50. On the other hand, I don't think the haldex will completely disengage as the valve would be restricting the oil flow. So you could be using anything from a 99/1 split to a 51/49 split when cruising.

Haldex info 1

Haldex info 2

If the bolt is very long and keeps the haldex 50/50 at all times, then you can say bye bye haldex :crying:

50/50 constant.
think the clutch in the haldex would wear super fast and i bet they aint cheap to replace

Give me a old Haldex controller and i'm 100% sure i could make a adjustable one rather than a bolt like that for the same price as the above one

Reactions: Pedrosousa
What's your approach to this Andrew? Same bolt style as advertised but adjustable or control the haldex ecu with a controller inside the car?

Ooh I like this. Andrew I thought your mate was developing one for you?

Inbox cleared.

Are You saying it will be adjustable from stock to permanant 50/50? So when in stock mode it will do its own thing??

Or a case of 100/0 to 50/50 fixed?

:thumbsup: the SQS one is the one that gets most of my interest, so thats good!

Sounds like your mate is trying to recreate what the monster performance s3 has, the bulgarian car, gtx42 etc...

I've also got a spare from an R32 with only 40k on it that I was saving incase mine went pop.

i just see that bolt damaging the standard controller.

I brought the race controller (not the competition/blue)which is 50/50 all the time from the tt shop, this comes from haldex/borgwarner them selves, and i believe they uprate the piston in the controller as well as the software, for the higher pressure.

just my 2p.

Ive simply not had the time to get under the rear of the car to take mine off to give to andrew. Will do it as part of a fluid change.
Getting the engine sorted has just been more of a priority with the little time i have.

Reactions: Andrew@A.L.D and Westy
S3dave might be able to help with this shore he had a spare nocking about

I still have the broken one in my garage Andrew! Ill have to dig it out but I'm pretty sure it's there if you want it?

I still have a controller in the garage that's only had 30/40k put on it. Was only taken off due to controller upgrade and given to me for nothing.

Ive got a TT one on a rear diff unit i bought...

Jason i would say save the one you have pal.