Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: 50/50 haldex mod

1st Gear

Status
    But if you want to run at 50/50 you can use the switch to chance from 4wd to 2wd... Or you have to find the ideal point of ajustement and run like that
    Talking about the 800hp by 0-400 S3 : "Is it true that everytime you take this car down the strip, the earths rotation slows by 0.1 % ??"

2. # ADS
    ADS

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    just pull the haldex fuse then
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust, Blue Haldex controller
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Down under

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    I thought about oil temps

Increase oil capacity with this

Where would you mount that :/
    Handling mods++. GTX30 soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Neutral

Status
    If you can get a steppermotor to fit, it would be awsome! Adjustment from inside the car :D

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Where would you mount that :/
    In the boot
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust, Blue Haldex controller
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MexxT View Post
    If you can get a steppermotor to fit, it would be awsome! Adjustment from inside the car :D
    The haldex ready runs a stepper motor, you just need to find a way to control it
    FOR SALE

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    How do I go about setting up a group buy if these work out well?

these will cover all pre+post face lift S3's, TT's, R32's, 1.8T Q's anything that runs a first generation Haldex
    FOR SALE

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Surely this needs to be done first...

Will be looking into getting this product design patented if all goes well
    Before this...

From my very limited knowledge of watching Dragon's Den and The apprentice - doesn't it take quiet a while for a patent to get fully set up and accepted?
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    You can put a patent pending
    FOR SALE

6th Gear

Status
    Are these tested yet?
    Just im guessing its not cheap getting a patent on things and fighting the legal cases that may follow if somebody steps on your toes if you later revise the design making it not covered by the original patent?
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    In the boot
    That's a catch can right?

You'd have to drill holes in the boot floor and route pipes up through?

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    That's a catch can right?

You'd have to drill holes in the boot floor and route pipes up through?
    I thought that too.
    Also as the haldex unit has a breather pipe so im told ( will check friday) fitting then extra oil above the unit would it not just be sucked through into the unit and out of the over flow?
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    It's a modified catch can with a drain that goes to the breather in the haldex. The breather will be in the top of the catch can now so you have to top it up from the catch can but keep the level half way in the can

its a very popular in Fords to increase the capacity of the diff oil in some 4x4 with little space
    ScottD3 likes this.
    FOR SALE

6th Gear

Status
    I hope all this works but the testing could be costly?
    I would want to know the test car had been used daily and on motorways and tight parking and things like that.
    If you can cover all that in testing it will be very interesting to see how it will compair to stock and Blue controlers
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    You don't have to run the haldex on full lock. You can adjust it back to standard.
    FOR SALE

6th Gear

Status
    I understand that but i Love fit and forget mods.
    Maybe im lazy but with my car being a daily i want to keep it in a state where only the wheels realy need any faffing if i was to track it
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    You want to ask someone that's done a haldex conversion on a mk1/2/3 Golf then as most people just done a manual conversion rather than all the electronics.
    FOR SALE

S3 Drift King!

Status

these will cover all pre+post face lift S3's, TT's, R32's, 1.8T Q's anything that runs a first generation Haldex
    Let's get the R&D sorted with some feedback first, then once we are sure it's all good, contact one of the mods, and we should be able to assist with the group buy Andy.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Sorted
    FOR SALE

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    The car being tested will be used everyday for work on the a45 at 60mph, then at work I have a carpark which is bluddy tight! Will be testing the haldex on gravel or if it snows then that's a bonus! Ill take pics and outside videos to show! I'm trying to take before and after videos to show the change but it's proving hard because I finish work so late, I can't make the video during the day!
    Westy, Andrew@A.L.D and StaceyS3 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Sending the first one out today. You should get it by the weekend Gops
    Gops likes this.
    FOR SALE

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Gops got the part today people so it shouldn't be long before he can give his review
    FOR SALE

2nd Gear

Status
    That's good to hear Andrew

Let the testing begin. .......

RIP S3dave

Status
    I wont be able to dyno your car gops if its permanent 4wd remember
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    it can be adjusted back to standard Bill
    FOR SALE

Neutral

Status
    You want to ask someone that's done a haldex conversion on a mk1/2/3 Golf then as most people just done a manual conversion rather than all the electronics.
    didnt know that....i always thought they did the full loom swap

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by micky2 not 1 View Post
    didnt know that....i always thought they did the full loom swap
    Not every conversion does the full loom swap

You can just disable it so it runs 50/50 all the time or just a manual adjuster that replaces the haldex unit completely.
    FOR SALE

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    I've got it!! Will be popping it into the new haldex I have lying around waiting to be fitted! This helps with pictures as its off the car!! Here is the magic!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andrew@A.L.D and Pedrosousa like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

2nd Gear

Status
    When will you be fitting gops

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Still after a haldex controller with a 17mm screw in insert,if anyone has on I would like to borrow it please.

Still working on the adjustable ones and should hope to have one fitted soon.
    FOR SALE

silver sleeper

Status
    gops pull your finger out!-)
    cammage08 likes this.
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by justarn View Post
    gops pull your finger out!-)
    gops doesn't have it any more

i have it and it needs a few mods
    Last edited by Andrew@A.L.D; 8th February 2014 at 15:03.
    FOR SALE

silver sleeper

Status
    ah ok, andrew pull your finger out lol....
    1999 apy s3, n249 delete, sai and n112 delete. bbs lm reps, s2000 filter, relentless v3 manifold, relentless downpipe and sports cat, scorpion cat back system, badger 5 v3 tip, bam rocker cover, push in coilpacks, toyosports fmic, amd remapped to 280.3 bhp and 263.9 lb/ft.

5th Gear

Status
    I've just had a haldex blue fitted and makes a real nice difference. If even half as good as that they will be a real bonus. Shame one I removed was no good Andrew.

2001 S3 (AMK)
    AEM WMI Kit, Black Silicone Hoses, Badger5 TIP with Cone Filter, AH Fabrications FMIC, Relentless Manifold Downpipe & Sport Cat, Miltek Cat Back Exhaust, VAG Aero Wipers, Forge FMDV008 Re-Circ, Revo Stage 2 Remap with SPS+ Tweaks, 2.0 TFSI Coil Pack Mod, B&M Short Shift, RNS-D Retrofit, Brembo & B5 2 Piece Rotor Conversion

1st Gear

Status
    Just to bump this,

Looking at your adjustable one, does the fluid flow from the two bigger outside holes to te smaller one? And the screw/plunger is the restriction?

If that's correct, what's to stop you fitting a plate that's tapped to take some fittings, run some -3 braided hose to a hydraulic flow valve in the boot? Easily adjustable in the boot then, obviously it'll try and siphon back, but I reckon If you mounted the catch can idea in the boot as well it'd counter act this.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    The screw does restrict flow

You need to look into how the hydraulic system works in the haldex a bit more Gary
    FOR SALE

1st Gear

Status

50/50 haldex mod

It'd work the same way as your/sqs adjustable one just remotely surely?

The flow control valve will be the restriction...

Only going off this simple diagram...Haldex-AWD Products

And
    Haldex Service Training – Self Study Program | Audi TT Tuning – Parts & Accessories – Mk1 8N

I'd say it'd work,
    Might be abit slow to react, but a check valve in the feed line would help hold the fluid in the lines.
    Last edited by Gary_808; 26th March 2014 at 08:15.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678