Help, Car cutting out.

daveking87

Reaction score
Hello,

Today I changed the rocker cover gasket and now the car cuts out at higher speeds and i have to turn the key to start it agian. All pipes and cables seem to be fine I am stumped, any ideas guys?

The car is and S3 1.8t.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi... have you plugged all the solenoids and valves etc back in properly? coil pack wiring loom earth on the top of the cam cover? connected hoses back as they should? checked for spilt hoses now that everything has been disturbed?

I would also scan for fault codes as there could be some clues there too...

<tuffty/>

Hi... have you plugged all the solenoids and valves etc back in properly? coil pack wiring loom earth on the top of the cam cover? connected hoses back as they should? checked for spilt hoses now that everything has been disturbed?

I would also scan for fault codes as there could be some clues there too...

<tuffty/>

thinking about its the earth cable for the wiring loom it has been put back on the cam cover but the the cover has been spayed lol i best try scraping some of the paint off where it connects

thinking about its the earth cable for the wiring loom it has been put back on the cam cover but the the cover has been spayed lol i best try scraping some of the paint off where it connects

Looks like that solved the problem, could anyone explane why?

Looks like that solved the problem, could anyone explane why?

Its a required earth for the coil packs.... without it the coil packs will struggle when loaded... have had an engine run like a bag-o-poo on cold start too...

<tuffty/>