VCDS injector fault.

Westy

Reaction score
I know there's probably not a good time for any fault but a week an a half before Inters definitely isn't a good time!

Anyway, has anyone had this fault before?:

null_zps0e072353.jpg

Ross-Tech says:

17648/P1240 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 4 (N33): Open Circuit

Possible Symptoms
MIL On
Poor engine performance
Possible Causes
Fuse for injector
Wiring harness issue
Failed injector
Failed ECM
Possible Solutions
Inspect fuse for injector
Inspect wiring to and from injector, see repair manual
Ohm test injector, replace if needed, see repair manual

I'm running 1 year old Bosch 550cc injectors so I don't think the injector I the issue. I've swapped it over with cylinder 1 to see if the fault follows.

I'm guessing wiring. I assume the injector wiring will break down in the same way as the coil pack wiring over time?

If anyone has seen this before can you give me some advice? Thanks.

Now I'm ******! Blue seal that sits in the fuel rail just dropped into the engine bay :(

I've got the inlet mani off but I can't see it. Are these standard seals or do I need to order from Bosch?

Hard to imagine injector wirimg to get damaged, doesnt see the heat the coilpack loom does. Perhaps just a weak connection?

If you have a multimeter perhaps worth checking resistance across the pins to see if anything is odd.

Hard to imagine injector wirimg to get damaged, doesnt see the heat the coilpack loom does. Perhaps just a weak connection?

If you have a multimeter perhaps worth checking resistance across the pins to see if anything is odd.

It's funny you should say this. I prodded and wiggled all the wiring while it was on and there was no issue. I did spot when I swapped the injectors that the connectors inside the adapter plug is well loose and flimsy so could be that. With a bit of luck it's now sorted...