New mirror glass due to no heat

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Getting a little confuddled here due to the number of options open to me...

I need some new mirrors on the S3 as the blue ones fitted (second hand mirrors after my ali ones were nicked!) have started to degrade and look pretty awful. The right hand side also has no heat coming through it.

I've seen parts from eBay that match what I want, but slightly put off by having to stick the mirror glass to the backing plate?? Is this normal?? Due to being a GREAT driver, I've never had to replace a mirror before ;)

RHS DRIVER O/S CONVEX HEATED +P BLUE WING DOOR MIRROR GLASS FOR AUDI A3 8L 00-03 | eBay

Cheers all!

I replaced a mirror glass due to the element failing, I bought one of ebay that was supposedly the same dimensions and would clip into the OE holder. Neither of those statements were true, it kind of fits when the mirror glass is at a certain angle and it was a right b'stard to clip in. I'm a bit anal about little things and it really bugs me every time I look in the wing mirror.

I'm buying OE next time and paying the premium.

That's my worry Dave and not what I want. I have the same OCDness... the heating not working I hate, but they're also slightly marked/degrading and that's what fecks me off the most lol!

I bought a new mirror glass before (due to the heating element failing) and from the stealers it was about £30 iirc, so not too bad.

I purchased some after market blue tinted ones many moons ago from a place called KMS is Birmingham, they was approx. £17, direct fit and never had a problem with them. I'd buy from ECP/TPS today personally, than buying from ebay. Saying that, I did purchase a replacement non heated glass for my dads Volvo off ebay, perfect fit, no issues.

Cheers guys. I really don't want to pay £40 a mirror. I'll live with them if that's the case. Think I'll drag them off this evening and see if I can just replace the mirror glass instead.

Try TPS, they should be fairly reasonable...

Im pretty sure Euro Car Parts do them as well dude.