fitting petrol clocks to desel car... rpm display

@udi A3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.immotec.co.uk
If coding a petrol cluster into a derv car will the cluster read correct rpm on the petrol dial or need the face swapping?!

Danio where r u lol

I'm here, lol

You will have to do face swap, but it won't work as original. Even after software coding change on VCDS you will have some incorrect reading. That's why I told you it need messing on it eeprom memory.

Soooooo...

If i flash the memory from the original clocks to the new clocks.... nah that wont work for what im trying to do.

Back to the drawing board :D

I'm here, lol

You will have to do face swap, but it won't work as original. Even after software coding change on VCDS you will have some incorrect reading. That's why I told you it need messing on it eeprom memory.

What else read's incorrectly?

Rev will count only till 3000. And if you do wrong coding then your mileage will be counted wrong as well.

Flashing will give you nothing. But if you put new diesel eeprom then it will work but it must matched numbers 8L0 920 XXX

Rev will count only till 3000. And if you do wrong coding then your mileage will be counted wrong as well.

Flashing will give you nothing. But if you put new diesel eeprom then it will work but it must matched numbers 8L0 920 XXX

I thought you could get away with just changing the code to petrol and swapping the faces over.

Shame its not that easy.