Pre-face lift or Facelift.

RaptorHunter

Reaction score
Help me with this I need to know if this car is pre-facelift or the facelift.
The car lacks most of the interior. So I can't give there no clues aside from the cluster having a full digital clock.
From the Exterior here is what I can tell:
-Headlights, indicators and tail lights are the same as my 1997 A3.
-The side indicators are square, my old A3 had more rectangular ones.
-Online Vin Readers say that the car is from 2000.

Here is my Vin no. WAUZZZ8LZYA014505
I edit the post and remove the VIN no. later.

Pre facelift. Best way to tell.. Do you have a cupholder on the dash? If not then its preface lift. Nothing bad, I have one! You've just joined the best crew!

Pre-facelift brap brap!!

Gops

Reactions: z00bz and Pubemammal
That is the thing, the car was being sold for parts because the gearbox went Kaputnik, I decided to buy the whole car, since I crashed my old A3. The car lacks most of the interior and the gearbox.

It has an AGU engine, don't know in what condition the turbo is or the engine for that matter but will give it I try, most of the interior of the older car is in good condition apart from the blown airbags, so I would like to take everything I can from the older car, except for the engine, I had an AGN engine, and the turbo idea sounds good for me, but the old A3 cylinder took quite a bitting so that needs fixing, so I only will revert to the AGN if the AGU has major problems.

I live in Mozambique A3 here are pretty rare and expensive.

Pre facelift if its agu. Anything after September 2000 is facelift, anything on or before is pre facelift. If the headlamps are in two pieces then its prefacelift

Pre facelift if its agu. Anything after September 2000 is facelift, anything on or before is pre facelift. If the headlamps are in two pieces then its prefacelift

Thats good news than. One more thing I my gearbox seems ok, apart from a broken mount, but It is the troublesome 01M, I have been looking for a Manual to change, but no luck, will the gearbox fit the AGU engine?

Also being reading some Threads here I and like the idea of getting the K03S turbo have a small trip South Africa and Remap the car to something around 200HP in a not so near future. Is the gearbox capable of handling 200HP without problems? What the distance I can go without Remapping before doing any damage to the engine (That trip to South Africa Part) can't remap here.

How much the MPG will increase with those mods? Is it possible to do that without the car going BUMMMMMM (Loud Exhaust Noises) every time a hit the pedal.