my new toy

sfield

Reaction score
hi just bought 2003 s3 its done a genuine milage of 54000miles car is mint been looking through history had oil and filter in haldex change at 37000 and cambelt done oct2008 at 32000 when will these need doing thanks

Nice purchase sounds like a good Car, post up some pics when you get a chance, and if you search through the service history booklet it actually gives a guide on when things should be changed, besides the dash will come up with a service light when it's hit a certain amount of mileage, telling you a service is due.

Haldex oil every 20k miles, with filter every 40k. Personally I always do both together.

Cambelt is every 60k/5rs if I recall correctly.

i would say to stay away from the long life routine regards to oil etc, but you got a good one there with only 54k very rare, get some photos up and mod away :D

54k and long life servicing may as well be 108k and regularly serviced.

54k and long life servicing may as well be 108k and regularly serviced.

Well done Batman, top effort on READING THE THREAD as usual. He never said it had been on long life....

At 54k it's highly unlikely to have been on longlife, as longlife was sold to fleets as a way of keep high mileage fleet costs down.

Sounds like a lovely car mate. Cambelt as said above is 5 years or 60k, so in theory due again soon despite the mileage. whether you chose to leave it or not can only be your decision!

Get some pics up :)