CD Player/Radio skipping and rear wiper problem

David williams

Reaction score
Hi Guys, apologies if this has been posted before, I cant see it has.

Basically my cd player in my A3 is giving me trouble, a few months back a friend accidnetally put 2 cds in at the same time. I managed to remove it and all was fine for a while.

Shortly before removing it my rear wiper stopped working and is now half way up by rear window and wont respond. I have no idea if this is linked or just coincidence.

Now the radio will only work with the preset stations, sometimes it will try automatically to tune itself in to other stations which is annoying.
I cannot manually tune a station in, the buttons on the radio either dont respond or give the wrong function. The only button that works properly is the volume and power button.

As for playing cds you cannot skip through songs as pressing any button will cause it to skip.

Basically the radio has a mind of its own and just do what it wants.

Ive removed the radio and left it for 24 hours and put it back in but it hasnt worked. Ive even removed the battery but again no joy.
Interestingly im pretty sure its meant to ask for the safe code when doing the above but neother time its asked.

Is it likely to be an electric fault or one with the cd player itself?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi David and welcome to the forum,

Where are you from mate? There could be some people in your area that could possibly help.

I'm almost certain that the rear wiper would have nothing to do with trouble with your CD player.

I'm not 100% clued up on how/why that's occurring....but could you add the year of your A3 and also what cd player/system you have?

Very strange it doesn't ask for a safe code when the battery has been removed as well.....something is definitely not right.

cheers mate.

Im from the north wales coast and to be fair I havent really looked around for any help as of yet except for online.

Ive seen a guide here how to maybe fix the rear wiper issue so ill get cracking with that later, its just the radio thats doing my head in.

I think (not a good start is it?) that its 2006 model and the cd player is the standard "audi concert" system.

No worries,

Unfortunately you have posted this in the 8L section- so a different model from your 2006 A3 (8P).

I'm sure a helpful mod will be able to re-direct this to the correct area and someone can give you some help with identifying your problem. Have a play with the search bar at the top right as someone may have had a similar issue before....but it could have been worded slightly differently.

Hope you get it sorted

Chris

ah sorry, newbie problems!

Thanks for your help. Is it best to wait for it to be moved rather than repost?

thanks again.