Powerflex bushes

robthehungrymonkey

Reaction score
I'm pretty confused here.

I assume that the bushes just help "tighten" everything up and the benefits are felt that way.
However, why are the S3 ones (TT 4wd? can anyone confirm this?????) so much more than the A3 ones?

And what are the differences between the puple and black ones? as found on the following site...
www.balancemotorsport.co.uk

Are they worth getting?

I'm quite clueless here, so any help would be great as always.

Rob
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Hi Rob,

I'm in the process of fitting the ECS ones from Rich, they are a right pain in the **** to fit, I'll be finishing it off this weekend and will post up my thoughts after. That said the state of the bushes on my car was more than a little bad.

I'm also going to be fitting the dog-bone mount to see if that's any good!

There's a link to one of the other threads below.

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...8b8c185c29bd108

Cheers,

Ben.

Thanks Ben,

How much were the ECS ones if you don't mind me asking? The powerflex ones were more expensive than I thought they'd be.
I don't think I'll attempt fitting them myself, not after what I've read on here!
Did you get a kit for all the bushes?

I just asked rich for which ever ones he could get to me for the weekend, which I have to day he did a fantastic job at, I've got the kit with the 4 wishbone bushes and the 3 dogbone bushes, I also bought all new nuts and bolts for everything from Audi. I'm also borrowing a 10 ton press tonight to do the rest as it's a right pain in the ****!

Price you'd have to check with rich, I don't know, I'd have to have a look on my bank statement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rob,

Purple are up to 20% stiffer than standard and Black are around 35-45% stiffer than standard. It says so in the information if you look at the descriptions for both sets.

This site may also be of use... www.powerflex.co.uk

Interesting that Powerflex list their Front Kit for the A3 at £127.60+VAT but that website you provided the link for has the Kit listed at £87.03 plus delivery at £4.85+VAT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I suspect their kit is not a full kit as provided by Powerflex... maybe?

The S3 kit is more expensive because there will be more bushes in it... it's a Quattro so it has lots of bushes on the rear trailing arms (3 per side?) as opposed to two(?) on a single beam on the 2WD cars and also it has a rear anti roll bar.

Hope that helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best wishes

Tim

P.S. If you're looking for coilovers I can supply H&R's cheaper than you can get them in this country in you're interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif PM me for further details.

i have a full set of new purple bushes for the s3 rear tie bars (inner and outer) if anyone wants a discount - pm me