Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By basil brush
  • 1 Post By kwistof

Thread: Sharp jerk when letting off accelerator!!!

Reverse Gear

Status

Sharp jerk when letting off accelerator!!!

Hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this as it's doing my neck in literally!
    almost all the time as im accelerating and let off the accelerator i get a sharp jerk and then it's ok but if i let off accelerator again it will do the same in any gear.
    Also while accelerating it doesn't quite seem to be as sharp as it used to, it seems to hold back for a bit then goes!

Anybody any ideas as to what i may be dealing with here?
    Any help much appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Dogbone mount by the sounds of things.
    8L Feind

Current: 01 Mineral Grey A3 1.8T.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Shaunie Eire i will have a look at it and see what it's like.
    Would that cause the lack of oomph?
    Is this a fairly common issue?

1st Gear

Status
    Just done mine with a yellow powerflex one
    vibrations were quite bad BUT are calming down nicely and did highlight a misfire I didn't know I had :0
    transformed the power delivery !
    Winner winner chicken dinner
    1999 Silver 8L A3 1.8t sport (AGU) currently undergoing rolling modification
    pipercross panel , bosch super 4's , poly bushed front end , yellow dogbone , self refurbed 16" speedlines , ambient lighting.............TBC
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ts-thread.html

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I'm rocking the red mount at the moment but might upgrade to the yellow one to give it a go.

The standard mount was pretty worn when I replaced it so it's definitely worth doing it anyway.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks very much for all your help folks, looks like it's the yellow powerflex one i will change it to.
    I will update when change it to let you all know if it made any difference.

Thanks again

Reverse Gear

Status
    The bolts on the dogbone can shear easily, is there a knock when you let off?
    Ebony Pearl Black 2002 A3 1.8T Sport: K&N 57i Induction Kit + Heatshield, 710N DV, 6000K HID's, LED's all round, AGU Charge Pipe, Einbach ARB, JOM Coilovers (lol), 17" RSTT Wheels, Fully Polybushed, Creations Motorsport Breather Hoses + Boost Pipes, Creations Motorsport TIP, 3" Decat Downpipe, TDI Centre Sec, Tinted Windows, Black Grille Surround, Yellow Fog Lights, Aeroflat Wipers, Team Heko Wind Deflectors, Engine and model Debadge.
    231bhp and 281ft/lbs of R-Tech power!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I cant hear a knock as such just a really obvious jerk.
    Quick question for the dog bone mount!
    Red or Yellow? Anybody got any links or feedback from their own?

1st Gear

Status
    Yellow but be prepared for a couple of hundred miles of unpleasantness
    soon stops though and just leaves a really nice planted feel to the whole drivetrain .
    pipercross panel , bosch super 4's , poly bushed front end , yellow dogbone , self refurbed 16" speedlines , ambient lighting.............TBC

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Think ill be changing my bog bone mount bush and will probably carry out the task my self with the ECS kit as it makes it so easy-

ECS Ultimate Dogbone Mount Kit - Golf Mk4/Bora - S3 (8L) - Audi - Shop By Car
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Kwistof that looks really tempting as i want to do it myself and this looks so simple.
    Thats why it's worth posting on these forums.
    thanks to all who have taken the time to help.
    much appreciated

1st Gear

Status
    £50 of that is for a alloy casting you already own !
    Just saying !

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    No worries.....

If you have a little hunt on the web or ECS main site- there is actually a video made by them on how to change it....so simple- 4 bolts and it cal all be done on the driveway with some ramps/axle stands
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by basil brush View Post
    £50 of that is for a alloy casting you already own !
    Just saying !
    Costs me £50 in petrol to get to and from my 'local' mechanic to change just the bushes though tbh + the labour.

Just watch the ECS video on how simple this is to change without having to mess about with getting old bushes out and new ones in. #justsaying
    2000 S3 APY

1st Gear

Status
    The only difference between that one and doing it yourself is ONE bolt !
    Upto you fella if you've got the money go for it but £50 is a tank full if petrol , a new air filter , half a decat/down pipe etc etc etc !

Status

My Social Networking

£50 - full tank of petrol.... I wish

More like £80+ of V power.....I hear what you're saying though, but I really am the least confident person when it comes to mechanics - I mean this part even has a video to show you how to fit it...plus that 1 extra bolt will probably be the bolt that is most troublesome and annoying for me to change lol
    2000 S3 APY

1st Gear

Status
    Go for it then , as long as your happy that's all that matters
    will feel loads better once changed !
    kwistof likes this.

Status

My Social Networking

Well I currently have the red dog bone mount....but I didn't know you could change the round one as well to the front of the car- so I think I still have the standard one in it. Plus my front wishbone bushes were changed to the black series powerflex bushes just the other week- so could do with everything else tightening up on the front of the car...

This ECS kit looks as though it has both the front and back uprated bushes - so I'm hoping it will bring everything a bit more firm and tight - coupled with new upgraded engine mounts, everything should be pretty tight up front after I've finished with her

Would hate to add up the whole of my suspension/handling/bushes upgrades in the past month
    basil brush likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I'd also recommend getting new bolts from the dealer as I believe they are stretch bolts and as some have said above they do shear easily!
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    They do yes , one of my mount to crossmember sheared as it was corroded to the casting ( dissimilar metals eh ) but once the mount was persuaded off the remaining bolt came out with mole grips !