Sharp jerk when letting off accelerator!!!

Massey127

Reaction score
Hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this as it's doing my neck in literally!
almost all the time as im accelerating and let off the accelerator i get a sharp jerk and then it's ok but if i let off accelerator again it will do the same in any gear.
Also while accelerating it doesn't quite seem to be as sharp as it used to, it seems to hold back for a bit then goes!

Anybody any ideas as to what i may be dealing with here?
Any help much appreciated

Thanks Shaunie Eire i will have a look at it and see what it's like.
Would that cause the lack of oomph?
Is this a fairly common issue?

Just done mine with a yellow powerflex one ;)
vibrations were quite bad BUT are calming down nicely and did highlight a misfire I didn't know I had :0
transformed the power delivery !
Winner winner chicken dinner ;)

I'm rocking the red mount at the moment but might upgrade to the yellow one to give it a go.

The standard mount was pretty worn when I replaced it so it's definitely worth doing it anyway.

Thanks very much for all your help folks, looks like it's the yellow powerflex one i will change it to.
I will update when change it to let you all know if it made any difference.

Thanks again

I cant hear a knock as such just a really obvious jerk.
Quick question for the dog bone mount!
Red or Yellow? Anybody got any links or feedback from their own?

Yellow but be prepared for a couple of hundred miles of unpleasantness ;)
soon stops though and just leaves a really nice planted feel to the whole drivetrain .

Thanks Kwistof that looks really tempting as i want to do it myself and this looks so simple.
Thats why it's worth posting on these forums.
thanks to all who have taken the time to help.
much appreciated

No worries.....

If you have a little hunt on the web or ECS main site- there is actually a video made by them on how to change it....so simple- 4 bolts and it cal all be done on the driveway with some ramps/axle stands :)

£50 of that is for a alloy casting you already own !
Just saying !

Costs me £50 in petrol to get to and from my 'local' mechanic to change just the bushes though tbh + the labour.

Just watch the ECS video on how simple this is to change without having to mess about with getting old bushes out and new ones in. #justsaying

The only difference between that one and doing it yourself is ONE bolt !
Upto you fella if you've got the money go for it but £50 is a tank full if petrol , a new air filter , half a decat/down pipe etc etc etc !

£50 - full tank of petrol.... I wish :sob:

More like £80+ of V power.....I hear what you're saying though, but I really am the least confident person when it comes to mechanics - I mean this part even has a video to show you how to fit it...plus that 1 extra bolt will probably be the bolt that is most troublesome and annoying for me to change :) lol

Well I currently have the red dog bone mount....but I didn't know you could change the round one as well to the front of the car- so I think I still have the standard one in it. Plus my front wishbone bushes were changed to the black series powerflex bushes just the other week- so could do with everything else tightening up on the front of the car...

This ECS kit looks as though it has both the front and back uprated bushes - so I'm hoping it will bring everything a bit more firm and tight - coupled with new upgraded engine mounts, everything should be pretty tight up front after I've finished with her :)

Would hate to add up the whole of my suspension/handling/bushes upgrades in the past month :sadlike:

Reactions: basil brush
They do yes , one of my mount to crossmember sheared as it was corroded to the casting ( dissimilar metals eh ) but once the mount was persuaded off the remaining bolt came out with mole grips !