help needed after replacing injector seals

epox

Reaction score
as above
after replacing filters and seals to all injectors. the car is miss firing and smelling of unburnt fuel from the exhaust.
wires to the injectors seem fine.
i did not disconnect any of the fuel lines, just unboltet the fuel rail to get to the clips and injectors.

any ideas

thanks mark

as above
after replacing filters and seals to all injectors. the car is miss firing and smelling of unburnt fuel from the exhaust.
wires to the injectors seem fine.
i did not disconnect any of the fuel lines, just unboltet the fuel rail to get to the clips and injectors.

any ideas

thanks mark
Have you put the seals in the right position Mark ?

yes, just o rings and small plastic washer on end of injector.

Sounds like when I changed mine and put the wrong seals to seal the joint on the injector

thouth that to, seals came as a part of a kit, even put old seals back on! still getting a miss fire and loads white smoke from exhaust.

thought this would be a simple job:sadlike:

Have you got the top and bottom o rings mixed up they look the Same but the part numbers are different

did a quick test with injectors on fuel rail and not fitted into manifold, turned engin over, 1 injector spraying all the time!!!

looks like the injector is ******, swaped it over to other lead incase it was the wireing but got the same result.

must have damaged it some how,

cheers mark

Visually you can see any problems,you been juggling them ?

did a quick test with injectors on fuel rail and not fitted into manifold, turned engin over, 1 injector spraying all the time!!!

thats some dangeroooos fault finding. :undwech:

Glad to hear its all sorted now.

ye not to be recommended, did have plenty of towel over the manifold:hubbahubba: