Soft Coding to enable DIS

B120WNY

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm after a bit of help regarding the retrofit of a dis cluster.

its all installed, used vag tacho and vcds and alls well, had it in for a month. However, I've now installed a wiper stalk with rocker switch etc, with new repair wires connecting into the cluster as necessary, but the stalk doesn't activate the dis. I've tried a new stalk, and checked all the wires, was just wondering if there is a coding I need to change to enable the stalk and DIS?

its a non can bus, full dis, with the orange warning symbols at the top, (I have a bulb out in the 3rd brake light) the middle section is blank but will have the outside temp once connected, and the bottom has miles to empty I think, although the miles only goes to 100 with a full tank, so out by a factor of 5 I think.

If anyone can help in enabling this dis I'd be most appreciative, spent loads of time and effort in getting it installed, and falling at the last hurdle!

Cheers

Yes there is coding needed in the cluster but if miles to empty show its likely the stalk isnt functioning correctly

Well the miles to empty is displaying but neither my 2nd hand stalk, or the brand new replacement change it from the miles to empty view.
Im after some instructiosn on how to change it?

If my car is Non can, then it cants display miles to empty or mpg, but can display a trip timer?

If not il just put my normal dash back in and forget about the dis

If your car is displaying miles to empty only id assume the stalk or wiring faulty.

Does the MTE go away when you press the button under the stalk? the two buttons on the end cycle the display.