Advice on fitting 8N tt suspension to S3

Maverick1

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm about to sort the suspension in my 02 Bam s3, and after spending hours on the phone and Internet have come up with no local solutions. I'm in Australia - and have decided it will be easiest to purchase my equipment abroad. I have recently learned that 8n tt shocks and springs will fit my s3, and was considering purchasing OEM replacement Kyb's and most likely OEM kyb springs (also for a tt) which I can get for a reasonable cost.

Ive also recently done all front + rear bushes, new tie rod ends, ball joints, drop links and gruvenparts lower rear tie bars.

I don't want to lower it as it sits quite low already which I suppose is due to the original equipment being rooted. There doesn't seem to be any OEM options for an actual s3 as all the kits I have seen are "performance" oriented and drop the ride height to some degree.

Any thoughts as to if this is a good/bad option are much appreciated!

Last edited:
Right so after shopping around, I managed to settle on an AP shocks and springs kit from DPM. see how we go.

I'll just add that I'd avoid Gruvenparts arms. Go for Forge, CPT or something else. S3dave on here also does them I think. If you do go for Gruvenparts, then get the poly bush ones.

I assume, going by the plates, you're in QLD?

Hi Sam,

I used to be in Qld, but I'm in Sydney these days. I've already got the gruvenparts arms installed and they made a massive Improvement to the handling and yeah I have the poly bush ones. I'd imagine the rose joints would be very harsh?

Last edited:
Oh cool, another Sydney-sider!

It's not that they're harsh (they weren't). It's that the rose joints were really cheap/low quality items and wore out very quick. I run rose jointed front control arms and touch wood, they've been great so far.

I got quite a bit of wear in the end:

Last edited by a moderator: