Injector cleaning? DIY Ideas?

slowcoach3

Reaction score
Pretty sure I've narrowed my soft pulsing misfire down to a blocked injector, never happens on idle never on boost only ever at around 3k on part throttle. Anyway being lazy I'd normally just hook em out and send them off to be properly cleaned but got a trip up to Glouster this weekend and haven't got time, is there anything I can try and do to clear it up without an ultrasonic cleaner?
Cheers

Brake cleaner and an airline?

Don't forget to wave as you drive past Bill's :p

<tuffty/>

Is that a hitch it up to a battery job? I have visions of fire.... Does redex or anything like that work? Aparantly a dishwasher won't suffice lol
I'll wave and give you a honk, not far off route :)

Halfords and the like sell various additives similar to redex that you put in the tank that are meant to clean injectors not sure if there any good though

starting to wonder if i could make an ultrasonic cleaner by sticking the injectors and a vibrator in a jam jar lol

Thats what i'd like to do :( Don't have time to buy a cleaner before a road trip though

If you should have said sooner mate I got one down here you could use and I could have made you a rig up to do what tuffty sad.

Reactions: slowcoach3
Thanks Scott, I might still try and organise that sometime soon anyway. I'd really like you to have a pop at my DIS too, things are getting a bit hazy there!

Thanks Scott, I might still try and organise that sometime soon anyway. I'd really like you to have a pop at my DIS too, things are getting a bit hazy there!

Have a chat to Phil, might be cool to sort out a injector cleaning time at his.

Just waiting on some bits mate and I'll be in touch.