Would this be a good buy? A3 1.9TDI Quattro Sport.......

boxerman

Reaction score
Have the chance to buy one of our company cars, its a March 03, A3 1.9 TDI Quattro Sport, Dolphin grey, 18" alloys and 30K on the clock.

Company wants £10k, does this seems like a good buy?

Yes, thats a good deal IMO. The cost is about right but try searching for one for sale at that price with that mileage.

Plus you know where its been!

There's one for sale in the Trading post for similar money with 80k miles.

That is a good price, especially with that relatively small mileage - it's only really been run in.

It's a good colour too so you should be able to sell it on afterwards with ease.

Do you have any other details i.e is it the sports version or the SE? - you should be able to check this quite easily - as a rule of thumb if it's got aircon and leather seats it's usually the SE.

just check the previous driver hasn't ragged the sh!te out of it & it's been serviced at around 20k (ish)

Mike

D'OH - just read the title of the post again - it's the sports version.

Mike

1.9TDi quatty only come in sports, mine has light pack and storage pack done 25K and worth about 13K so thats a gud buy mi finks, go for it

That sounds like a good buy to me. I just paid a fair bit more than that for mine with a bit more milage on it!

Thanks for all you replies. It's in good condition as one of our company secretaries drives it and barely gets out of 3rd gear !!!

It's for the good lady to replace a Fiat Stilo and should prove to be a lot cheaper than the Freelander that she really wants but doesn't really need.

Stilo? Freelander?
Not sure you could have named two cars that got lower owner ratings (JDPower, etc).

I'll agree on the Freelander, she just "likes the look of them".

I bought the Stilo brand new 2 years ago, it's done nothing wrong and drives reasonbly well too albeit a tad underpowered (1.6) It has all the toys and gadgets you need as standard i.e. aircon and CD and only cost £8k brand new against a list price of over £11K.

Probably only worth £1.50 when I come to sell it though !!