EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

black headlights s3 facelift model

Hi,

I've seen on a couple of pic's of S3's with black headlights and quiet like the look of them, now i dont really wanna take them apart and paint them as i'm not sure how good they with come out, i have seen some online but they all seem to be angle eye versions are these the only ones available?

if so wheres the cheapest place to get these?

Thanks,

Hardeep.

2. # ADS
    ADS

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Hi there,

You could always get some of this stuff and DIY over your current lights if that's the finish you'r looking for?

Lamin-X.co.uk Shop • Buy Gun smoked Headlight,fog lamp protection film

I know it's popular with the 8P lads.

You will have to cut the film out for yourself though, as they don't pre-cut the sheets for our lights.

Chris
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi

sorry maybe i wasnt clear i want the inside to be black rather then the standard chrome look

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    If you don't want to open them up yourself, then you won't find any OEM one's being sold like that brand new- and if you do then they would have been a DIY job.

The lights are £500 each side from Audi...so I doubt any company will sell them with the insides being sprayed to black, as that's quiet a niche market.

So yes, I believe you are correct that the only ones available are angel eyes....and would also need a HID kit with them as I don't think the Xenon and balasts can be put in there from your original S3 lights.

Other than that your only option really is to DIY and there are a few guides on here on how to open them up properly.

Good luck
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Reverse Gear

Status
    damn!

do you know what paint is the best to use?

i'll have a look for the guide

Cheers

Status

My Social Networking

Sorry cant help with what paint to use tbh, but its been covered a few time before so I'm sure someone has mentioned what make and finish they used.

Happy searching
    2000 S3 APY

1st Gear

Status
    I've painted the insides of my pre facelift lights. All I used was a tin of hammerite and a 1/2 inch brush.
    completely transforms the look. I'm just trying to find replacement seals for my indicators and then can do them too