Recaro seat wire to mk4

scarr89

Reaction score
Hi guys, I normally frequent the other dub forums for issues with my mk4 but they haven't come up good; so I have come to the dark side for some help, hopefully. :)

The base of my recaros which I purchased the other day are a mess, the previous owner said he had them wired into his Bora, but hasn't gotten back to me with help for wire it into my mk4.

IMG 20130611 WA0003 zps872ffc4a
IMG 20130611 WA0002 zps0f82be7c
IMG 20130611 WA0001 zps052de938

This is the base of the seat with the wires, I am thinking that the 4 larger wires (2 red and 2 brown twisted together are for power), which I was going to get off the 12v feed from the cigarette ligther.

The other cables I am lost with with...

Hoping someone could confirm or deny.

TIA, Si.

PS I have done a search, I know there are loads of posts on it but none for the answer I am after...

Bump on this one, hoping someone could point me in the direction for which wires are the power for these seats, maybe even a wiring diagram for the entire seats.

TIA.

Ok, hoping I have this correct. For the power, red is live, and brown is earth, that should be all I need, connect that up to my golf and away. I had a good read of that PDF, still unsure on the air bags :(