Xenon motor tech letter - does it exist?

S3Si

Reaction score
Does anyone know the reference number or have any details on this tech letter that has apparently been sent out to some dealerships? The reason I'm asking is because I have asked for Audi to cover the cost of replacing the motors (even though its out of warranty, worth a try), but customer services are denying it exists! They say they have checked with the technical department.

I have also checked with 'Clive' from Sinclairs audi, that AshS3 used in October last year, but he says he can't find it and isn't sure that it was actually a letter.

I know it wasn't a recall as such but if someone has some evidence that its real i would be very grateful!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

absolutely. I can see myself needing this in the future..

I reckon if people have any written evidence from customer services admitting to a particular weakness in a model, that they should scan it in and post it on the forum. These are like gold dust.

Well I`ve got ASHS3's car and all his paperwork, when I get five minutes `ll dig through it all to see if he managed to get hold of a copy..

Dik

Thanks Dik, that would be great. Am determined to at least get them to part pay for the work, esp considering they cost about £600 if you got them as an option!!

Anyone who works for Audi who's a memeber on the forum able to help?

have checked and theres no information at all regarding the xenon fix... sorry...

dik

Thanks for looking anyway Dik.

Anyone???

Thought a couple of people worked for Audi on here, I really would appreciate it if you could have a quick look/ask around your dealership. Pleeeeeeeeeease. Thanks

I'l ask my bro-in-law tonight as he works for a dealer...

Let you know tomorrow.

AFAIK the xenon motors are a common problem that are often replaced under warranty but not thereafter.

There are 2 solutions. Spend the £40 per side and have it sorted or get the lights to level out then unplug the motors.

[ QUOTE ]
Any luck Dicky?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry matey, no luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Agree with David though, it is a common problem however when your out of warranty I don't think you'l get it done for free...

Cheers for looking, I know I would have struggled to get them to pay for all of it but I thought maybe with the tech letter I could get them to pay for some of it, am p*ssed off with Audi at the mo so am spoiling for a fight!

Oh well, thanks again, might try discontecting the motors trick that has been suggested instead.

Can someone explain what this xenon issue is? Is it the headlights not levelling properly? I have had mine adjusted by the dealer twice this year as they were dazzling oncoming traffic.

its usually the opposite way round - they point to 3 feet in front of the car. I guess the A3 ones last longer since they are hardly used compared to S3 that adjust every time they switch on. I have a spare pair off of my old lights if mine pack in anyhow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Havn't been on here for a while, hope everyone is well and my old S3 is ok Dik?

On this subject, Clive called Audi UK and they said a "tech letter" existed for a defect in the motors and that is why Sinclair replaced them both on my S3 under warranty. As for an actual letter on paper, well I never saw this and just took Clives word for it as he said he had never received it and only found out about when he called Audi UK?

They should be changed under warranty anyway, mine were.