Misfiring only sometimes agu 1.8t

Chris_38

Reaction score
On the odd occation my car use to misfire well it's done it's twice but once I turn it off and bk on it used to stop it now it doesn't I start the car an it either runs like **** or it fine , I've checked the coil packs wen it's running an they all fire except number 3 ( if u count number 1 from the cam belt ) I swapped 2and. 3 over to see if it was the coil or plug died , and it was neither the coil from 2 will not spark in 3's place which is weird , I checked to make sure none of the wire have come off the plug or the coil but nothing that I can see no burns tears or nothing , is there a knock sensor or any other sensorsthat can cause this , many thanks chris

Ignition control module... cyl 3 is a common victim when this goes...

<tuffty/>

Ignition control module... cyl 3 is a common victim when this goes...

<tuffty/>
thank you for your reply , wat normally causes these to go , where's it located , etc , u jus solved my problem in minutes were as I've been out there swapping this an tht etc lol

ICM is on the airfilter box... vibrations etc affect them and its common for the internal wiring to break... its not realistically a fixable component as the internals are sealed and potted so normally requires a new ICM unit

<tuffty/>

Thanks mate jus found it an tryed disconnecting it an **** but ur right lol , I'm goin to see if i can get one now before Skool run lol