S3 Insurance - Superb Service

Dylarolla

Reaction score
Well I have just accepted a policy from Barclaycard Direct for insurance on my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif. I chose to renew through them for a number of reasons but I have to say that I am absolutely delighted with their customer service. Noticeably more knowledgeable and flexible to deal with than most insurers and they are very pleasant to talk with. I feel they've bent over backwards for me in some respects.

They're currently offering a renewal price beat policy which, for me, was too good to refuse. The details of the policy must be identical and all they require is a formal copy of the renewal quote.

I got into all sorts of bother at first as my renewal policy is stated as a 10 month policy and my current insurers won't send out new documentation on a 12 month policy. Instead they have quoted me on email which is fine except that clearly this is insufficient for Barclaycard, as it must be official documentation (which email is not).

My current insurer also gave me an extra 15% discount when I said I wasn't going to renew. Clearly I wanted Barclaycard to match this price but without official documentation of the amount I was stuck.

After speaking with someone slightly more senior at Barclaycard I was amazed and delighted to find out that they were prepared to undercut my 10 month quoted amount for a 12 month policy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif!! Basically I was being given 2 months for free and at a cheaper premium. They also have a fixed excess amount of £100 and their general cover is more comprehensive than before.

I know they are very mod friendly and admittedly I have yet to see the effect of a modification on my premium but so far I am incredibly pleased with the service they have given me. I have been fairly reliably informed that modifications only carry minor premium increases.

What I find most satisfying is their flexibility and resistance to running their business by a strict set of rules and regulations. Each customer is treated individually and they do everything they can to assist.

As at July 7th 2003, I cannot recommend them highly enough. I guess we'll see how the mods go though.

If you want more details (without trying to advertise for them) Private Message me.

That's excellent news. And I share your views completely. They were a pleasure to deal with on the phone for me too.

Like you, I'll wait to see if they are in fact as "mod friendly" as I've been informed.

AL

Needs to be on renewal for the price beat I understand.

I just renewed with Barclaycard Direct yesterday my renewal from Tesco's came in at £305.55 and Barclay's was £294.00 and only £100 excess Tesco's was £425.00 and Barclays offer better cover all round.

They are getting so much business following the threads on here.I posted a few months ago as well having swopped to them in April.Maybe they could be our official insurers and throw in a further discount or contribute some readies to the upkeep of the site.