Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Westy
  • 1 Post By <tuffty/>
  • 1 Post By Westy

Thread: Relocated DV and using WMI

5th Gear

Status

Relocated DV and using WMI

Been thinking about this WMI setup, yes it's been hurting my brain matter.

So would there be any danger using WMI which the DV relocated near the TB? My thinking is some of the mixture is going to get diverted back to the tip and then sucked through the turbo.

A- Is there a chance of the mixture doing damage to the seals or igniting as the compressed air gets pretty hot.
    or
    B- stupid question

2. # ADS
    ADS

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    No.

Fit the DV as close to the turbo as you can, that is how it is most efficient.

Fit the meth nozel in the end tank of the coldside of the IC or between the map sensor and the TB. That is where the meth is most efficient.

No need to move anything.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

4th Gear

Status

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

**** them, they're all idiots.

What is the purpose of a dump valve?

Then never do them.

4th Gear

Status
    they discuss both sides of the coin.
    which gives pros and cons for cold side relocation.
    And that a bov is not the best for audi

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

The only measurable plus side of a DV relocation is the ease of access for removing the DV (big deal) and being able to buy a relocation to cut in half to fit your map pipe.

Simples as that.

Dumping cold air? It's about to go through a turbo and then back through an intercooler. I will pay for your DV relocation if it lowers your AIT's by even 1*.

The purpose of a DV is to relieve pressure rapidly to stop the turbo from stalling. The further away from the turbo it is then the more air is within the intake route and the slower the pressure is relieved from the turbo.

I would much rather have my DV hot side and doing its intended job correctly than gaining a non existent benefit which reduces the efficiency of the DV's original purpose.

Then never do them.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Dump valve arguably is best positioned where OE position currently is... cold side relocation is the misconception that you recirculate cooler air back into the turbo (irrelevant) and/or that it makes the DV more reliable due to being away from hot stuff (largely irrelevant)

Mine is 'coldside' purely for physical constriants of fitment... yes I could fit it in the OE position but the supersize is a large valve and kinda gets in the way...

In answer to the original question.... yes there is a potential risk meth could attack 'seal' (assuming you mean rubber ones on the DV) but its no more likely than it nuking the throttle body or anything else tbh... as for getting into the turbo... this is a plausible position for fitting a nozzle anyway so no differnt there... by the time any meth enhanced air has got to the turbo it would (or you are doing it wrong) be absorbed into vapour anyway so no different realistically then the 'oil' enhanced air that is typically thrown through a turbo if PCV is retained...

Key thing here is to make sure WMI delivery is sorted correctly... you want the mix to be absorbed properly if using for cooling... nozzle size and position being fairly key...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Then never do them.

4th Gear

Status
    it was for the op to see both sides of the coin.
    Nothing more nothing less. simples

5th Gear

Status
    I've just fitted my water meth but running it with water the last day as I need to find a place that sells meth no difference so far
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3gazz View Post
    I've just fitted my water meth but running it with water the last day as I need to find a place that sells meth no difference so far
    Anglo American Oil :: Sunoco racing methanol 99.85% pure
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3gazz:1896626
    I'm guessing your car hasn't been mapped to rely on meth yet then?
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    No westy just getting everything fitted and ready for mapping pal also don't no if I want it mapped in to be honest I'd rather have it for safety than limit everything mines on a on and off switch which I like
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Status
    No westy just getting everything fitted and ready for mapping pal also don't no if I want it mapped in to be honest I'd rather have it for safety than limit everything mines on a on and off switch which I like
    That's how I started. I had on/off switch and only ran water till it was mapped. The map is setup within the engines timing limits so that if WMI does fail the engine remains safe.
    s3gazz likes this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    Fit 4 meth nozzles into your inlet manifold
    Last edited by koruptc5; 12th June 2013 at 14:02.

Neutral

Status

Neutral

Status
    Where to locate your alcohol-water injection nozzle - DevilsOwn Injection

Hope this helps, these guys are doing mine, only a ten minute drive from me. :-)

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Ting Tong (of R Tech groupie fame) ran a 1.8t with no intercooler, just a pipe straight from turbo to intake which had four meth nozzles in it.

Was immense apparently.

Then never do them.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    For most applications (road and fast road) fitting a nozzle just after the FMIC is adequate... depends what you are planning to use the WMI and car for... fitting a nozzle per runner is for keeping cylinder temps in check, controlling knock, octane boost and ability to run more timing... just be aware that tuning for WMI this way can be risky...

On a recent dyno day at Bill's a certain persons LCR (jardo and Prawn knows who this is) was pulling 12's as his WMI wasn't working... this is not a good place to be...

<tuffty/>
    16Klappe likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status

Yup no charge cooling needed if youre running on methanol (im not talking street car water/meth here). I read that most engines will run happy on methanol and internals are up to the job though fuel pumps etc may need to be changed (talking methanol as opposed to petrol) bit off topic

Neutral

Status
    Sorry i meant the entire fuel system must be changed.lol

5th Gear

Status
    Yes westy that's great but I luv to just put the Wmi on as and when I want really just mean sacrifising bhp I guess

Status
    Yes westy that's great but I luv to just put the Wmi on as and when I want really just mean sacrifising bhp I guess
    You'll change your mind mate
    s3gazz likes this.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    Might do on a switchable map pal