New project!

NardoNZ

Reaction score
Hi Guys, my name is Michael and I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. I have had a few projects in the past including a few MK4 Supra's until my recently sold CLK55 AMG. I currently own a mk5 Golf R32 and just picked up a 2000 Audi S3. The S3 is meant to be a project and have done some research on what is possible. My goal is 350hp at this stage. so far have bought facelift head and tail lights (with xenon conversion kits in 5000k for high and low beam), billstein adjusties, facelift steering wheel, TIP and a carbon fibre engine cover. Also waiting on the relentless manifold, DP and hybrid turbo (k04 with RS6 internals I believe). have heard mixed stories but i'm keen to try it, I feel I got a reasonable deal and they are good to work with. Further plans include FMIC, Fuel rail incl injectors, piping, DV upgrade, upgraded rods, short shifter system, decent induction kit, remap and some cosmetical changes. Hope my goals can become reality with this setup. Won't be too hard to leave the r32 behind when I'm done...

My first question is if a BAM engine will work in my pre facelift 2000 210hp S3 (AMK???). Can pick up an engine which I want to build, but its a TT 225 BAM engine. Just want to be sure this is plug and play for my car. Also what do these engines weigh roughly?

good to see this forum is very active, much better than most of the ones I have been active on in the past!

2000 S3 will most likely by an APY... BAM will have VVT and no SAI to name a couple... the base engine will be fine though... Assuming yours is an APY (check the tab on the head) you will need to swap the tensioner over and do an SAI delete...

Use the sensors etc from your engine as the knock sensors, MAF and lambda are different...

I think there was a change in flywheel/clutch from APY to AMK/BAM too although can't remember what its was off hand...

If you are fitting a hybrid then you will need to change the injectors really as std injectors run out of capacity around 280/290hp

<tuffty/>

Reactions: NardoNZ
thanks for that! doesn't seem to be that much of an issue... this is the engine as it comes:

what size injectors would you recommend? is it ok to go much bigger and use a certain percentage of their capacity (depending on the remap I presume?) or is it better to max out injectors, so just get the ones that are rated for my goal?

Hi Guys, my name is Michael and I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. I have had a few projects in the past including a few MK4 Supra's until my recently sold CLK55 AMG. I currently own a mk5 Golf R32 and just picked up a 2000 Audi S3. The S3 is meant to be a project and have done some research on what is possible. My goal is 350hp at this stage. so far have bought facelift head and tail lights (with xenon conversion kits in 5000k for high and low beam), billstein adjusties, facelift steering wheel, TIP and a carbon fibre engine cover. Also waiting on the relentless manifold, DP and hybrid turbo (k04 with RS6 internals I believe). have heard mixed stories but i'm keen to try it, I feel I got a reasonable deal and they are good to work with. Further plans include FMIC, Fuel rail incl injectors, piping, DV upgrade, upgraded rods, short shifter system, decent induction kit, remap and some cosmetical changes. Hope my goals can become reality with this setup. Won't be too hard to leave the r32 behind when I'm done...

My first question is if a BAM engine will work in my pre facelift 2000 210hp S3 (AMK???). Can pick up an engine which I want to build, but its a TT 225 BAM engine. Just want to be sure this is plug and play for my car. Also what do these engines weigh roughly?

good to see this forum is very active, much better than most of the ones I have been active on in the past!
Hello friend and have fun with your new project!You will need as you said FMIC-intake-exhaust manifold for your hybrid turbo because with oem you will see high egt temperatures,at least 440 fuel injectors,70mm or 76mm exhaust!I don't want to dissapoint you but with all these and the turbo you have i think that you will not see more than 320-330 bhp

I think to be honest id be happy if i would be pushing those numbers for now, and when I want more i could just swap out the hybrid for a gt2871 for a but more power... the turbo that i got is rated to 360hp as said by the seller, but i figured thats aimed a bit high lol.

anyone got a ballpark weight figure for a bare engine with intake and exhaust manifold as in the pics? can't find it on google...

soo wee update regarding my project... I absolutely hate the look of the standard dash, plus there were some stains on it and a vent was busted. Good time to swap it out for something better... here are some pics of my car and dash project in progress:

on the hunt now for black bottom panels as this TT had a grey interior:( Also got some Golf Mk5 GTI seats coming that I will try to fit... hope its fairly easy... they will be wrapped in light brown leather as soon as the car is back from a paint job to make it white... Gonna be awesome...