Single to double din.

Shaunie Eire

Reaction score
So there is a great sticky above regarding how to go from single to double din. However unfortunetly its doesn't say whether you need to change the climate control unit or not. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be throwing out the crap pioneer ugly manifestation on my dash and putting in an OEM symphony II system. However I am unsure whether I need to change my climate control unit as I would be reluctant to do so as its perfect with zero wear. Any info appreciated.

Yes, you do.

A different shaped climate unit moves down to where the opening cubby hole is. I wouldn't worry about your climate unit not having wear, I bought an immaculate one in a scrappy for a tenner last week. They're hardly rare.

Its very hard to get a decent one over here. I know for sure the car I am getting the radio from has well used buttons as its actually my old black A3 that was written off by the guy I sold it to. It heart lives on in a mk2 golf though. Anyway going way OT here. Thanks for the advice I will keep an eye out for a decent double din one.

Reactions: rgvsam81