Maff spade connectors size type?

calico101

Reaction score
I have made a right mess of replacing my maf plug (1J0 973 999 A).

I can not get the wires out going to have to cut them . Does anybody now what type of spade plugs i have to get .

Thanks

Plugs and repair leads can be got through the dealers... the plug I got for mine (AMK engine code) was 1J0 973 775 A... not sure of the connectors but I suspect they can be bought from TPS/dealer in the same way as the plug as I know they do some repair kits for wiring (yellow wire IIRC) as he has bought similar to re-wire lambda probes for wideband conversions

My plug change can be found here
www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/76389-my-minor-modding-thread-41.html#post1639902

<tuffty/>

I've just changed mine bud, there are special tools to do it but I just used a hair clip. There's a c-clip inside the plus which needs to be pulled to one side with a small screw driver, then the hair clip pushes above and below the spade/terminal pushing the tabs down (wait until you hear/feel the 'click'. They just pull out easy then. Its a bit fiddly but just take your time n it'll be fine.

Thanks for your replies . my plug looks as bad as yours was tuffty. I will post up the part numbers when i get them come in handy for some else